SMB and NFS doesn't work
I can no longer access my Kodi shares (on main windows box) from other windows boxes. Nothing comes up. I can access the shares from virtually every other device and software but kodi.

\\KODI\VIDEOS

for example.

I have been using smb:

smb://kodi/videos

and that no longer works.

I tried to go to the Add Network Location and typed

\\kodi\videos as the server name

And, of course, that doesn't work either. I've chosen NFS and SMB as the protocol.

Does kodi no longer support URLs? I don't want to use mapped drives because it's rather difficult to map a drive letter in Android and Raspberry Pi (other devices that ALSO see the NFS shares perfectly fine).

This seems to have been a problem for quite some time. Nobody found a fix?
My main windows PC that is running the latest kodi can see SMB shares fine including a wireless printer. I do

Videos->Files->Add Videos->Browse->SMB

And I see what I pretty much expect to.

On the computer right next to it (laptop) running the same version of Kodi I do the above and the list is entirely empty. Why?

I checked the firewall. It's totally off.

This is true of virtually every other Windows/Kodi I have (3 of them) except for the main media server.

I checked and SMB1 protocol is enabled on all these boxes.

Any ideas?
debug log (wiki) via pastebin.com so we can take a look at what may be going on please.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Merged postings, more or less part & parcel to the same issue, debug log requested.
@jglazer63

Please stop reposting the same message. I have removed your other message.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=321203
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellan what?? I only posted this once (i thought).
I'll try to get a debug log when I get back to my house.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB and NFS doesn't work0