Harmony Elite and Aopen
Hi folks,
So I have recently got myself an Aopen MP57 running Libreelec and was hoping I cold use my harmony elite to control it. I have tried to search the internet to see does this model have a built in IR reciever but cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone running one of these know or if I will have to buy a IR reciever ??

Thanks in advance.
Flirc.tv for an ir receiver
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Use bluetooth. Bluetooth-dongle costs next to nothing if there's no bluetooth on MP57.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
Will a Bluetooth dongle work, how would I install the driver for it if I have libre running
If you have the Harmony Hub with your Elite then Bluetooth should work - as the Hub has BT functionality (for use with PS3 for instance - which has no IR receiver built in)
(2017-09-12, 11:48)noggin Wrote: If you have the Harmony Hub with your Elite then Bluetooth should work - as the Hub has BT functionality (for use with PS3 for instance - which has no IR receiver built in)

Yep I would have thought that too. When I enable bluetooth on Libre and go to bluetooth is says no adapter found Sad
http://us.aopen.com/products_detail.aspx?auno=3047

It doesnt look like you have built in wifi or bluetooth.

It does show it supports a half mini PCIE card, like what laptops use.

BCM94352HMB will give you 802.11AC and Blueooth 4.0
https://www.ebay.com/p/broadcom-bcm94352...7675.l2644

You'll need to open your MP57 to see if it has antennas in it though, otherwise youll need antennas too to hook into the card.

Otherwise a USB adapter like this
https://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Bluetooth-...B007GFX0PY

Will give you bluetooth 4 only.

If you are dead set on IR, you can use a USB MCE IR adapter or a FLIRC to do IR, but honestly, bluetooth will be faster and you dont have to worry about line of sight.
Use a bluetooth usb dongle. Drivers are already in libreelec.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-09-16, 00:29)nickr Wrote: Use a bluetooth usb dongle. Drivers are already in libreelec.

Got my dingle today and have action.
What way you recommend setting harmony? As entertainment device?

I read somewhere profile Microsoft and kodi? But didn't seem to like that or
All sorted..... Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony Elite and Aopen0