Deprecated uEPG - Universal EPG Framework
(2020-03-10, 18:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-03-10, 07:00)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-10, 05:24)Tony5856 Wrote: Thanks for the response. I have started with a fresh install of kodi 18, and created a new addon for testing. 
I have used guidedata based on the example given in the uepg module. My guide data is this

Guide_Data ={
    "channelname": "Test Channel 1",
    "channelnumber": 1,
    "channellogo": "",
    "isfavorite": "False",
    "guidedata": [{
        "url": "",
        "starttime": 1583807560,
        "endtime": 0,
        "runtime": 3600,
        "label": "Test show 1",
        "label2": "HD",
        "art": {
            "thumb": ""
        },
        "streamdetails": {
            "video": ""
        }
    }]
}

and the code to call uepg is,

xbmc.executebuiltin("RunScript(script.module.uepg,json=%s&refresh_path=%s&refresh_interval=%s&row_count=%s&include_hdhr=false)"%(urllib.quote_plus(json.dumps(list(Guide_Data))),(sys.argv[0]+"?mode=1"),7200,5))

When i run the addon it open a blank window and a popup says there is an error, but looking at the log I can not find the error.
The log is here,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdtcc4c2n0odau...0.log?dl=1

What am I doing wrong please.  

I forgot to turn on debugging in the eupg module, here is the log with dubug,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd0kim3vt8rypry/kodi.log?dl=1  
Don't mean to be a pain, please post logs here: https://paste.kodi.tv/ THX. 
I have done some testing since the last post.
my guide data is this

Guide_Data ={ "channelname": "Test Channel 1", 
"channelnumber": 14, 
        "thumb": ""}, 
        "video": ""}
    }]
}

and the call to uepg is,
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunScript(script.module.uepg,json=%s&refresh_path=%s&refresh_interval=%s)"%(urllib.quote(json.dumps(list(Guide_Data))),(sys.argv[0]+"?mode=1"),(urllib.quote("7200"))))

I pasted the log as you requested, i hope i did it right, lol

https://paste.kodi.tv/ritamozivu.kodi

Thanks again,
Tony
(2020-03-10, 19:40)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-10, 18:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-03-10, 07:00)Tony5856 Wrote: I forgot to turn on debugging in the eupg module, here is the log with dubug,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd0kim3vt8rypry/kodi.log?dl=1  
Don't mean to be a pain, please post logs here: https://paste.kodi.tv/ THX.  
my guide data is this

}]
}

and the call to uepg is,
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunScript(script.module.uepg,json=%s&refresh_path=%s&refresh_interval=%s)"%(urllib.quote(json.dumps(list(Guide_Data))),(sys.argv[0]+"?mode=1"),(urllib.quote("7200"))))

Thanks again,
Tony 
Log is missing debugging from uEPG, you can enable it from within uEPG's settings....

The only visible issue below.

Change : (urllib.quote("7200"))))
To "7200"
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2020-03-10, 22:32)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-03-10, 19:40)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-10, 18:45)Lunatixz Wrote: Don't mean to be a pain, please post logs here: https://paste.kodi.tv/ THX.  
my guide data is this

}]
}

and the call to uepg is,

Thanks again,
Tony  
Log is missing debugging from uEPG, you can enable it from within uEPG's settings....

To "7200" 
Ive checked and debugging from uEPG was enabled.
The error i saw in the log was,

2020-03-10 13:53:27.564 T:72444   DEBUG: script.module.uepg-1.0.6-notificationDialog: uEPG Error, Contact Lunatixz for support
2020-03-10 13:53:27.564 T:72444   DEBUG: script.module.uepg-1.0.6-__main__, params = {}

i have changed my call to ,
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunScript(script.module.uepg,json=%s&refresh_path=%s&refresh_interval=%s)"%(urllib.quote(json.dumps(list(Guide_Data))),(sys.argv[0]+"?mode=1"),("7200")))

and here is a new log with debugging still enabled.

https://paste.kodi.tv/eludayohog.kodi

Thanks for your time
(2020-03-10, 22:57)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-10, 22:32)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-03-10, 19:40)Tony5856 Wrote: I have done some testing since the last post.
my guide data is this

}]
}

and the call to uepg is,

Thanks again,
Tony  

To "7200"  
Ive checked and debugging from uEPG was enabled.
The error i saw in the log was,

2020-03-10 13:53:27.564 T:72444   DEBUG: script.module.uepg-1.0.6-notificationDialog: uEPG Error, Contact Lunatixz for support
2020-03-10 13:53:27.564 T:72444   DEBUG: script.module.uepg-1.0.6-__main__, params = {}

i have changed my call to ,
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunScript(script.module.uepg,json=%s&refresh_path=%s&refresh_interval=%s)"%(urllib.quote(json.dumps(list(Guide_Data))),(sys.argv[0]+"?mode=1"),("7200")))

and here is a new log with debugging still enabled.

https://paste.kodi.tv/eludayohog.kodi

Thanks for your time 
With the limited info provided, I'm not sure what the issue is; however, it's not a uEPG issue.... rather how it's being implemented.  You can post a GitHub link to your project, when I'm free I can take a look.
(2020-03-10, 22:32)Lunatixz Wrote: With the limited info provided, I'm not sure what the issue is; however, it's not a uEPG issue.... rather how it's being implemented.  You can post a GitHub link to your project, when I'm free I can take a look.

Hmm, I’ve used the same format as the example you’ve given for the guide data and posted the call I’ve made to the uepg module. I’ve also looked at your Pluto tv addon and copied a snipet of guide data generated by the addon, knowing it works, and tried that also with no luck. I guess I can put my test addon on github and post a link. Thank you for the reply.
(2020-03-11, 20:06)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-10, 22:32)Lunatixz Wrote: With the limited info provided, I'm not sure what the issue is; however, it's not a uEPG issue.... rather how it's being implemented.  You can post a GitHub link to your project, when I'm free I can take a look.

Hmm, I’ve used the same format as the example you’ve given for the guide data and posted the call I’ve made to the uepg module. I’ve also looked at your Pluto tv addon and copied a snipet of guide data generated by the addon, knowing it works, and tried that also with no luck. I guess I can put my test addon on github and post a link. Thank you for the reply.   
I think I spotted your issue... you're converting your "dict" into a "list"? missed that before; in the examples you are reviewing (pluto.tv) I'm serializing a generator object. If your sudo code is the actual item then its a dict and should not be converted into a list.

change:
python:
to:
python:
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunScript(script.module.uepg,json=%s&refresh_path=%s&refresh_interval=%s)"%(urllib.quote(json.dumps([Guide_Data])),(sys.argv[0]+"?mode=1"),("7200")))
(2020-03-11, 21:16)Lunatixz Wrote:

I think I spotted your issue... you're converting your "dict" into a "list"? missed that before; in the examples you are reviewing (pluto.tv) I'm serializing a generator object. If your sudo code is the actual item then its a dict and should not be converted into a list.

change:
python:
to:
python:
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunScript(script.module.uepg,json=%s&refresh_path=%s&refresh_interval=%s)"%(urllib.quote(json.dumps([Guide_Data])),(sys.argv[0]+"?mode=1"),("7200")))

Makes sense, I should have noticed that. I will try the new line tonight, again, thanks.

change:
python:
to:
python:

Unfortunately i am getting the same error after making that change. I will post a git hub link when i put the addon on there.

change:
python:
to:
python:

ok, i have figured something out.

xbmc.executebuiltin("RunScript(script.module.uepg,json=%s&refresh_path=%s&refresh_interval=%s)"%(urllib.quote(json.dumps([Guide_Data])),(urllib.quote(sys.argv[0]+"?mode=1")),("7200")))

This worked for me. I was using urllib.quote_plus previously and was getting an error saying 

File "C:\Users\hoise\Desktop\Kodi blank\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.uepg\uepg.py", line 87, in prepareJson
                                                channelItems.sort(key=lambda x:x['channelnumber'])  #todo user option sort by chnum or chname or backend default
                                            AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'sort'

When i changed to urllib.quote, the epg screen came up. Thank you for helping me out, can't wait to use it now.
PS, I also added the urllib.quote before the refresh path.
(2020-03-12, 01:34)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-11, 20:06)Tony5856 Wrote: Hmm, I’ve used the same format as the example you’ve given for the guide data and posted the call I’ve made to the uepg module. I’ve also looked at your Pluto tv addon and copied a snipet of guide data generated by the addon, knowing it works, and tried that also with no luck. I guess I can put my test addon on github and post a link. Thank you for the reply.      

change:
python:
to:
python:

Sounds like you're running an older version of uEPG the current is  v.1.0.6b
(2020-03-12, 02:32)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-03-12, 01:34)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-11, 21:16)Lunatixz Wrote: I think I spotted your issue... you're converting your "dict" into a "list"? missed that before; in the examples you are reviewing (pluto.tv) I'm serializing a generator object. If your sudo code is the actual item then its a dict and should not be converted into a list.

change:
python:
to:
python:

I just updated to v.1.0.6b but still needed to urllib.quote the refresh path.
I don't mean to be a pain, but what is the format for multiple channels?
I am trying this, but it only displays Test Channel 2

Guide_Data ={ 
"isfavorite": False, 
    }],
"channelname": "Test Channel 2", 
"channelnumber": 15, 
    "label": "Test show 2", 
    }]
}
(2020-03-12, 03:27)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-12, 02:32)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-03-12, 01:34)Tony5856 Wrote: PS, I also added the urllib.quote before the refresh path.    
I just updated to v.1.0.6b but still needed to urllib.quote the refresh path.
I don't mean to be a pain, but what is the format for multiple channels?
I am trying this, but it only displays Test Channel 2

Guide_Data ={ 
    }],
"channelname": "Test Channel 2", 
"channelnumber": 15, 
    "label": "Test show 2", 
    }]
}

Never mind, got it.
Once again, great module you have made, i'm loving it!

I have set up a custom skin in my addon folder and it works great with uepg.
Is it possible to use two different skin folders with uepg?
For example, a 1080i folder for one section of my addon and a 720p folder for a different section of my addon.
I have looked through the code in uepg and it seems as though it looks for any folder named 1080i, 720p, or xml and uses one if it exists.
(2020-03-22, 01:51)Tony5856 Wrote: Once again, great module you have made, i'm loving it!

For example, a 1080i folder for one section of my addon and a 720p folder for a different section of my addon.
I have looked through the code in uepg and it seems as though it looks for any folder named 1080i, 720p, or xml and uses one if it exists.

Thanks.... Yes, it's possible on your end to write a function that determines skin path for use in uEPG.

EX. Pseudocode
python:

def getSkinPath():
   res = xbmcgui.getResolution() # https://codedocs.xyz/xbmc/xbmc/group__py...91c294d9e1
   return  'special://plugin.video.example/resources/skins/default_%s/'%(res)
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunScript(script.module.uepg,json=%s&skin_path=%s&refresh_path=%s&refresh_interval=%s&row_count=%s)"%(getGuide(),getSkinPath(),'','7200','6')))

BTW can you post a screenshot of your skin?
(2020-03-22, 02:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 01:51)Tony5856 Wrote: Once again, great module you have made, i'm loving it!

Thanks.... Yes, it's possible on your end to write a function that determines skin path for use in uEPG.

EX. Pseudocode
python:

def getSkinPath():
   res = xbmcgui.getResolution() # https://codedocs.xyz/xbmc/xbmc/group__py...91c294d9e1
   return  'special://plugin.video.example/resources/skins/default_%s/'%(res)
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunScript(script.module.uepg,json=%s&skin_path=%s&refresh_path=%s&refresh_interval=%s&row_count=%s)"%(getGuide(),getSkinPath(),'','7200','6')))

BTW can you post a screenshot of your skin? 
Here are a couple of screen shots. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcm9dgcd8z03vh...9.png?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vh5rz1fiebqk69...9.png?dl=1

Thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uEPG - Universal EPG Framework1