Deprecated uEPG - Universal EPG Framework
(2020-03-22, 21:31)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 19:10)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 08:36)Tony5856 Wrote: Those are my first attempt at skinning by the way.
Trying to add any folder deeper than the addon path is causing an error.
This is as deep as it will allow me,

C:\Users\hoise\Desktop\Tonys_build3\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.tvfanatic

Here is the error

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: XML File for Window is missing
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\hoise\Desktop\Tonys_build3\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.uepg\uepg.py", line 299, in <module>
                                                if data is not None: initChannels(params, data, dataType)
                                              File "C:\Users\hoise\Desktop\Tonys_build3\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.uepg\uepg.py", line 275, in initChannels
                                                channelLST.myEPG = epg.uEPG('%s.guide.xml'%utils.ADDON_ID,channelLST.skinPath,'default')
                                            RuntimeError: XML File for Window is missing
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Any ideas?
Thanks      
As a workaround, i have just added a sub directory and placed the skin folders in there.

On a side note, if I wanted to skin my addon itself, would i need to change it to a script.module?
I'm not sure how to call the window to use, should it be a view instead?
Is there any documentation for skinning an addon specifically, not just skinning a skin?

Thanks again     
Why would you add a path deeper than the root path? You're not following the pseudocode posted yesterday.

Your plugins skin folder should look like this:
python:

/skin
  /default_720
    /720
    /media
  /default_1080
    /1080
    /media

I'm in the middle of updating uEPG for py3 so I'll add resolution detection; however the above will be your only workaround for now.

Being frank are you developing for personal use and/or are you a third-party pirate developer? 

I'm more than happy to help developers, but I will not facilitate piracy. THX 
I see now that the resolution was at the end of the default folder name, lol
I am just doing this as a hobby to use in my home, I really enjoy using python and developing for Kodi.
I dont share my work as I am not interested in getting in trouble with the authorities.
I have to admit to looking at your other addons and using some info from them such as api url's ect.
Credit where it is due! But again, I'm only using it for my houshold.

Messages In This Thread
uEPG - Universal EPG Framework - by Lunatixz - 2017-09-08, 19:50
RE: uEPG - Universal EPG Module - by Lunatixz - 2017-09-08, 19:50
RE: uEPG - Universal EPG Module - by zoomin - 2020-04-18, 12:42
RE: uEPG - Universal EPG Framework - by umiki - 2020-03-09, 22:35
RE: uEPG - Universal EPG Framework - by umiki - 2020-03-10, 19:21
RE: uEPG - Universal EPG Framework - by Tony5856 - 2020-03-22, 23:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uEPG - Universal EPG Framework1