Deprecated uEPG - Universal EPG Framework
@Tony5856 Not sure the sports content is legal; I really hope the first screenshot isn't a repackaging of my Pluto.TV Plugin? that would really be disappointing!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2020-03-22, 05:03)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 02:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 01:51)Tony5856 Wrote: Once again, great module you have made, i'm loving it!

I have set up a custom skin in my addon folder and it works great with uepg.
Is it possible to use two different skin folders with uepg?
For example, a 1080i folder for one section of my addon and a 720p folder for a different section of my addon.
I have looked through the code in uepg and it seems as though it looks for any folder named 1080i, 720p, or xml and uses one if it exists.

Thanks.... Yes, it's possible on your end to write a function that determines skin path for use in uEPG.

EX. Pseudocode
python:

def getSkinPath():
   res = xbmcgui.getResolution() # https://codedocs.xyz/xbmc/xbmc/group__py...91c294d9e1
   return  'special://plugin.video.example/resources/skins/default_%s/'%(res)
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunScript(script.module.uepg,json=%s&skin_path=%s&refresh_path=%s&refresh_interval=%s&row_count=%s)"%(getGuide(),getSkinPath(),'','7200','6')))

BTW can you post a screenshot of your skin?  
Here are a couple of screen shots. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcm9dgcd8z03vh...9.png?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vh5rz1fiebqk69...9.png?dl=1

Thanks for the help! 
Those are my first attempt at skinning by the way.
Trying to add any folder deeper than the addon path is causing an error.
This is as deep as it will allow me,

C:\Users\hoise\Desktop\Tonys_build3\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.tvfanatic

Here is the error

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: XML File for Window is missing
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\hoise\Desktop\Tonys_build3\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.uepg\uepg.py", line 299, in <module>
                                                if data is not None: initChannels(params, data, dataType)
                                              File "C:\Users\hoise\Desktop\Tonys_build3\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.uepg\uepg.py", line 275, in initChannels
                                                channelLST.myEPG = epg.uEPG('%s.guide.xml'%utils.ADDON_ID,channelLST.skinPath,'default')
                                            RuntimeError: XML File for Window is missing
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Any ideas?
Thanks
(2020-03-22, 08:36)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 05:03)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 02:54)Lunatixz Wrote: Thanks.... Yes, it's possible on your end to write a function that determines skin path for use in uEPG.

EX. Pseudocode
python:

def getSkinPath():
   res = xbmcgui.getResolution() # https://codedocs.xyz/xbmc/xbmc/group__py...91c294d9e1
   return  'special://plugin.video.example/resources/skins/default_%s/'%(res)
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunScript(script.module.uepg,json=%s&skin_path=%s&refresh_path=%s&refresh_interval=%s&row_count=%s)"%(getGuide(),getSkinPath(),'','7200','6')))

BTW can you post a screenshot of your skin?  
Here are a couple of screen shots. 

Thanks for the help!   

C:\Users\hoise\Desktop\Tonys_build3\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.tvfanatic

Here is the error

File "C:\Users\hoise\Desktop\Tonys_build3\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.uepg\uepg.py", line 299, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Users\hoise\Desktop\Tonys_build3\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.uepg\uepg.py", line 275, in initChannels
                                                channelLST.myEPG = epg.uEPG('%s.guide.xml'%utils.ADDON_ID,channelLST.skinPath,'default')

Any ideas?
Thanks  
As a workaround, i have just added a sub directory and placed the skin folders in there.

On a side note, if I wanted to skin my addon itself, would i need to change it to a script.module?
I'm not sure how to call the window to use, should it be a view instead?
Is there any documentation for skinning an addon specifically, not just skinning a skin?

Thanks again
(2020-03-22, 19:10)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 08:36)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 05:03)Tony5856 Wrote: Here are a couple of screen shots. 

Thanks for the help!   

Here is the error

Any ideas?
Thanks      
As a workaround, i have just added a sub directory and placed the skin folders in there.

On a side note, if I wanted to skin my addon itself, would i need to change it to a script.module?
Is there any documentation for skinning an addon specifically, not just skinning a skin?

Thanks again    
Why would you add a path deeper than the root path? You're not following the pseudocode posted yesterday.

Your plugins skin folder should look like this:
python:

/skin
  /default_720
    /720
    /media
  /default_1080
    /1080
    /media

I'm in the middle of updating uEPG for py3 so I'll add resolution detection; however the above will be your only workaround for now.

Being frank are you developing for personal use and/or are you a third-party pirate developer? 

I'm more than happy to help developers, but I will not facilitate piracy. THX
(2020-03-22, 21:31)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 19:10)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 08:36)Tony5856 Wrote: Those are my first attempt at skinning by the way.

Here is the error

Any ideas?
Thanks      

Thanks again     
Why would you add a path deeper than the root path? You're not following the pseudocode posted yesterday.

python:

/skin
  /default_720
    /720
    /media
  /default_1080
    /1080
    /media

I'm in the middle of updating uEPG for py3 so I'll add resolution detection; however the above will be your only workaround for now.

Being frank are you developing for personal use and/or are you a third-party pirate developer? 

I see now that the resolution was at the end of the default folder name, lol
I am just doing this as a hobby to use in my home, I really enjoy using python and developing for Kodi.
I dont share my work as I am not interested in getting in trouble with the authorities.
I have to admit to looking at your other addons and using some info from them such as api url's ect.
Credit where it is due! But again, I'm only using it for my houshold.
(2020-03-22, 23:15)Tony5856 Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 21:31)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 19:10)Tony5856 Wrote: As a workaround, i have just added a sub directory and placed the skin folders in there.

Thanks again     

python:

/skin
  /default_720
    /720
    /media
  /default_1080
    /1080
    /media

I see now that the resolution was at the end of the default folder name, lol
I am just doing this as a hobby to use in my home, I really enjoy using python and developing for Kodi.
I dont share my work as I am not interested in getting in trouble with the authorities.
I have to admit to looking at your other addons and using some info from them such as api url's ect.
Credit where it is due! But again, I'm only using it for my houshold. 
(2020-03-22, 07:33)Lunatixz Wrote: @Tony5856 Not sure the sports content is legal; I really hope the first screenshot isn't a repackaging of my Pluto.TV Plugin? that would really be disappointing!
The Pluto TV guide screenshot is from an addon I made, not a copy paste of your code. I did mention that i used the api url's i found in your Pluto Tv addon, your addon is open sources is it not?
I'm sorry if you are disappointed. I was working on a Pluto TV addon before i found yours. I updated mine by adding your uepg module and skinning a guide.
I will refrain from asking you any more questions. Maybe im not understanding the meaning of open source.
I do wish to ask one more question.
In the uepg script module i can not seem to get any listitems.
For example, 
xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.Title") returns nothing

I know the listitems are there because the dialog works
xbmcgui.Dialog().info(ListItems)
(2017-09-08, 19:50)Lunatixz Wrote:    

Thank you so much
Hello, the uEPG seems to error out in App's that use it (such as Pluto TV) for some reason. I'm running this off of a RasPi 4b running Raspbian GNU 10/Retropie, Kodi 18.6.

Log: http://paste.kodi.tv/ezijugamin

potentially relevant area where the problem might be occurring

Quote:DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(8, /home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.uepg/uepg.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.module.uepg" dependent on version 2.25.0 of the xbmc.python api
2020-04-19 15:43:43.169 T:2655834320 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named functools_lru_cache
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.uepg/uepg.py", line 21, in <module>
import sys, os, collections, threading, datetime, time, epg, utils
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.uepg/epg.py", line 21, in <module>
import json, collections, utils, itertools, threading
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.uepg/utils.py", line 24, in <module>
from metadatautils import MetadataUtils
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/metadatautils.py", line 9, in <module>
from helpers.animatedart import AnimatedArt
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/helpers/animatedart.py", line 6, in <module>
from utils import get_json, DialogSelect, log_msg, ADDON_ID
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/helpers/utils.py", line 12, in <module>
import arrow
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
from .api import get, now, utcnow
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/api.py", line 10, in <module>
from arrow.factory import ArrowFactory
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/factory.py", line 18, in <module>
from arrow import parser
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/parser.py", line 15, in <module>
from backports.functools_lru_cache import lru_cache # pragma: no cover
ImportError: No module named functools_lru_cache
Lunatixz -
When I load/re-start/run either the Sling.TV (Official Kodi repo version) or d21spike/eracknaphobia Sling add-on in Android, the channel info goes through the loading sequence, but the guide sits empty and will not populate. The add-on's play the content fine. Kodi pops up an error in uEPG and to contact you.
In Windows 10, it works fine, so I know my configurations for the add-on's are okay and the EPG and PVR (IPTV Simple Client) settings work.
Is there an issue in Android?
(2020-06-27, 23:11)Alizarin Wrote: Lunatixz -
When I load/re-start/run either the Sling.TV (Official Kodi repo version) or d21spike/eracknaphobia Sling add-on in Android, the channel info goes through the loading sequence, but the guide sits empty and will not populate. The add-on's play the content fine. Kodi pops up an error in uEPG and to contact you.
In Windows 10, it works fine, so I know my configurations for the add-on's are okay and the EPG and PVR (IPTV Simple Client) settings work.
Is there an issue in Android?
"Sling.TV (Official Kodi repo version)" was deprecated, @eracknaphobia plugin is currently maintained and I believe only works with IPTV simple.
I've made a small mistake and accidentally disabled the uEPG addon, but now I can't find it anywhere in the addon browser to re-enable it. Is there some way to manually re-enable the plugin over SSH?

EDIT: nevermind, figured it out. I had to go into an addon that has the uEPG addon as a dependency and then I could re-enable it from there.
Hi Lunatixz

Long time fan, love your work!

I run KODI on a cople of Nvididia Shield TVs with a HDHOMERUN tuner

Noticed my epg wasnt refreshing and now ive lost it alltogether

I get an error saying uEPG isnt working and to contact you...LOL...could thid be why my EPG is playing up?

what additional information may i provide you? (assuming you still support this addon)

Cheers
(2020-10-16, 05:16)johnnyaywah Wrote: Hi Lunatixz

Long time fan, love your work!

I run KODI on a cople of Nvididia Shield TVs with a HDHOMERUN tuner

Noticed my epg wasnt refreshing and now ive lost it alltogether

I get an error saying uEPG isnt working and to contact you...LOL...could thid be why my EPG is playing up?

what additional information may i provide you? (assuming you still support this addon)

Cheers
Thanks! I believe something broke on HDHomeruns end... I've seen a lot of reports from different sources that guidedata is down.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uEPG - Universal EPG Framework1