Terms change plugin.video.rtlxl
Hello all,

I'm the developer of the addon plugin.video.rtlxl.
RTL is a Dutch TV channel offering free (and not free) content at www.rtlxl.nl. For this I have made an addon 4 years ago only showing the free content. (I can't get the non free content from the api I used)

I did not transgress the terms that were then. But the terms have changed in November 2016:
https://www.rtlxl.nl/assets/pdf/rtlxl_ge...aarden.pdf (in Dutch).

This addon worked well a few days ago. Now they only block the http calls that are being made with the headers I send from my addon. They even send back a list of content that states that the "KODI addon is no longer supported".
Now, of course, I had adapted this quickly, but I wonder if I can still do this with the terms of Novemember 2016. (Artikel 9.3)

What risks do I run as a developer of his addon? Do I have to see this as a warning from rtlxl? Am I punishable now? If so, how do I remove the addon in the official addon repo?

Kind regards from an active legal user of Kodi.
If the publisher took deliberate action to disable your plugin, I wouldn't pursue it... nor bypassing the block.

Any attempt to circumvent their block can be met with legal recourse, whether frivolously or not it would still cost you money/time to defend yourself.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
yup, it's pretty clear they don't want your addon to use their service.
it would be best to simply remove it from our repo imo.

just give me a nudge if you want me to remove it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
remove it plz. i do not want trouble.
ok, done: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/com...6e7f09eaa3
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@ronie: Is there any specific reason why you removed it completely? IMO we should just remove the code and set the status to "broken", so that the add-on gets disabled on all active installations.
Bas: dank voor al je werk de afgelopen jaren! Great job. Shame.
(2017-09-09, 10:58)sarbes Wrote: @ronie: Is there any specific reason why you removed it completely? IMO we should just remove the code and set the status to "broken", so that the add-on gets disabled on all active installations.

yeah, i did it since the addon is already broken and displays a clear message to the end user about it.
i didn't see any additional benefit to marking it as broken on our end.
Hi Bas,

Pity that you are forced to stop your addon. I enjoyed your addon very much.
That is life... sometimes it sucks big time.
(2017-09-11, 11:17)opvolger Wrote: That is life... sometimes it sucks big time.

Thanks anyways Opvolger, used the addon a lot but I understand why you took it down.
I can confirm the add-on still works flawlessly, it only uses an outdated user-agent which is blocked by the publisher. Change the user-agent to a more modern one and the addon works perfectly with legal content. just like it did before!
(2018-01-18, 21:04)zilexa Wrote: I can confirm the add-on still works flawlessly, it only uses an outdated user-agent which is blocked by the publisher. Change the user-agent to a more modern one and the addon works perfectly with legal content. just like it did before!
 Yes but the act of bypassing the sites geo block will inevitably land this plugin on the banned list.
(2018-01-18, 21:27)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2018-01-18, 21:04)zilexa Wrote: I can confirm the add-on still works flawlessly, it only uses an outdated user-agent which is blocked by the publisher. Change the user-agent to a more modern one and the addon works perfectly with legal content. just like it did before!
 Yes but the act of bypassing the sites geo block will inevitably land this plugin on the banned list. 
 New european law forbid geoblocking.
Connect 55 UHD SL4xx / Onkyo TX-SR444 / Intel Apollo Lake  / Ziggo Mediabox XL / 2x upc ci+ nagravision module / using dvb-c and dvb-s(19,2/23,5/28.2)
(2018-02-09, 11:18)Devil-Strike Wrote:
(2018-01-18, 21:27)Lunatixz Wrote:
 New european law forbid geoblocking. 
 How? content owners still control licensing and distribution of media. iPlayer and all its live BBC feeds are still going to be blocked in the US.... I'm sure the law forbidding geoblocking is more complex than just yes or no.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Terms change plugin.video.rtlxl0