Multi-Display Support
The KODI interface is, in my opinion, hands down the BEST HTPC UI there is. I have used it since it was XBMC on Windows XP.

What would be involved in making it (limited) multi-display capable?

Here is my need. I am in the process of setting up a true home theater (projector and all). I have a 10" HD Touch Screen which will be used for movie selection, app settings, etc.. I am currently running KODI, and would like (when I select PLAY) for the video (movie) to go to the projector, while the interface persists on the 10" touch display. It will use Windows native dual monitor set-up, but as (for instance) an extended desktop... I can use it as a copied (duplicate) display, but all the Windows interaction shows up on the projector screen. I only want the VIDEO (be it music, movie, etc) to be displayed on the projector, and the KODI UI to persist on the 10" kiosk.

How difficult of a task would this be? If KODI had this ability, I know that a LOT of home theater buffs that would be using it too!
Use web interfaces on your 10" HD Touch Screen.....Chorus 2 Wink
https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
I have a real home theatre too and have no idea why you would not want to use a remote control to navigate kodi which is fullscreened on your big screen Wink - it is not easily doable and also depends on the platform if even doable. I wouldn't count on some one from the team being interested in spending time on this.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-Display Support1