"Unexpected error" when manually terminating a recording
I am experieicng a strange effect when starting/ending a recording by simply pushing the rec button on my remote while the channel is playing.
After the first press, the recording starts normally. After the second press, the recording stops but I am getting the "An unexpected error occured" message on the scrren.

In the kodi log I am seeing the below two errors.

Quote:02:34:06.544 T:140332280768256 ERROR: AddOnLog: VDR VNSI Client: ReadResult - request timed out after 3 seconds
02:34:06.544 T:140332280768256 ERROR: PVR - DeleteTimer - addon 'VDR-Network-Streaming-Interface (VNSI) Server:127.0.0.1:34890' returned an error: unknown error

Except for the message and errors in the log everything seems to work fine.

I am using kodi 17.4 un Ubuntu 16,04.3 with vdr-2.3.8 and latest vniserver plugin from git repository.

Any advise?[/quote]
Please try v18.
Will try. However, even v18 fixes it, I am not sure if v18 is already stable & mature enough to keep wife and kids happy. What's your opinion?
I am using master branch of my repo and wife and daughter are still here Smile
(2017-09-09, 16:26)FernetMenta Wrote: I am using master branch of my repo and wife and daughter are still here Smile
Big Grin

Well, installing v18 from the Nightlies-PPA left me with an incompatibilty warning for the updated kodi-pvr.vdr.vnsi (3.4.0). Hence, I installeled a v18 nightly on my windows machine which presented me the same error message and log entries as v17.4.

Are you assuming this is a client issue? Or could vnsiserver as well be the culprit in the end?

I am surprised that - despite the indicated errros - recording is terminated und timers are deleted properly.
I tried to reproduce but was not able to. I started a tv channel, then started instance recording (by clicking on rec button on skin), then stopped it by clicking rec again.
Thanks for looking into my issue and for trying to reproduce.

I think I found the reason for it: I increased the timeout value in the pvr.vdr.vnsi-addon to 10s. Now I'm not getting any errors anymore. I found out that I started vnsiserver-plugin with parameter "-t 10" (not sure when and why I intrduced this),

I'm going to revert the settings in vnsiserver and pvr.vdr.vnsi and report back if this will aslo fix the issue.
(2017-09-10, 16:08)Spirou Wrote:
(2017-09-09, 16:26)FernetMenta Wrote: I am using master branch of my repo and wife and daughter are still here Smile
Big Grin

Well, installing v18 from the Nightlies-PPA left me with an incompatibilty warning for the updated kodi-pvr.vdr.vnsi (3.4.0). Hence, I installeled a v18 nightly on my windows machine which presented me the same error message and log entries as v17.4.

Are you assuming this is a client issue? Or could vnsiserver as well be the culprit in the end?

I am surprised that - despite the indicated errros - recording is terminated und timers are deleted properly.

This behavior sounds familiar to me. This happens, if a response timeout is to small. The delete request is sent by the add-on and successfully processed in the backend, but no answer is received by the add-on in time (some response timeout setting). This results in a client side error, although actually the recording was deleted on the backend. Solution is to increase the response timeout value.

For me, this happend, when the NAS where my recordings are stored had to be woken up when the delete recording request came in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Unexpected error" when manually terminating a recording0