zotac ci327 vs odroid c2
zotac ci327 vs odroid c2 which has better decoder for standard def,avi,mp4 mpeg2? and h265 c2 or ci327?
A SSD equipped Zotac ci327 will definitely be faster than the C2

The Intel Celeron® Processor N3450 comes with integrated Intel HD Graphics 500 (click)

Intel HD Graphics 500 is based on Intel's Skylake architecture, so whatever that can do the N3450 will be able to do.

Intel Skylake cannot fully Hardware decode 10bit HEVC content, that comes with the following Intel Kaby Lake Architecture.
There is Hybrid GPU / Software decoding of 10bit with Intel HD Graphics 500. I believe hybrid works in Windows only.

Problems will be encountered with 10bit 4K HEVC decoding as the N2450 will have to use Hybrid / CPU Software only decoding and will likely run out of grunt.

You should be fine with 10bit 1080p only, Hybrid / Software decoding on a Quad Core Intel N3450 that can ramp up to 2.2GHz.
The Box better have good cooling if turbo boosting up to 2.2GHz for 10bit HEVC Software decoding.

The ODROID C2 will Hardware decode nearly anything you throw at it, Smile
except Youtube 4K VP9 content.

well, im not so much worried about speed as picture quality, and for tv rips that are 480p mp4/avi/mpeg2 will the ci327 chipset do a better job of cleaning the video up? EDIT i know but i checked and my 480p tv rips actualy look better with it for hd and up for mp4, in other words turned off for standard def mp4 rips
It's not clear what you are asking about.

Are you talking about 480p > 1080p upscaling using high quality Software upscalers like Lancos3 Optimised ?

The question is would the N3450 have enough CPU ponies to do that ?

What you could try is run the Kodi GUI at 480p, if possible and then just let the TV do all the 480p > 1080p upscaling.

i think my old celeron Chromebox had the ponies and its celeron technology was like 3 years older then the ci327
Does this sound like my XBMC box settings or my TV settings I have a Vizio 4K TV all my movie rips are basically hevc x265 1080p and for instance the movie Blade Runner if I try and turn the brightness or contrast up and down on the TV itself playing the movie through XBMC the movie looks all washed out like one of the scenes where you see the guy's face you can't make his face vibrant is face kind of looks like washed out and no matter what you do really it doesn't really want to clear up but if you play with the contrast and brightness from the XBMC then the brightness and contrast seem to adjust normally like I was able to get it where where his face was pretty clear like it was dialed in
ok has to be some setting between xbmc box and the tv but i dont know what it is i have the xbmc box set for 1080 4k doesnt show just offers 1080p im on hdmi 1 which is supposed to be best one EDIT its now at 4k

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
zotac ci327 vs odroid c21