Media disk "unable to mount" and "freedesktop.UDisks.Error.PermissionDenied"
Hi,

I have a kodi runing over xbian - raspberry with an USB regular external hard drive for storage.

Sudenly, without any of the typical issues with hard drives the external hard drive stopped mounting.

I tried unplugging and plugging it and going to the error log and I saw this:

15:11:11.849 630.235901 T:1954017280 DEBUG: UDisks: Is not able to mount DeviceUDI /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sda: IsFileSystem false HasFileSystem IsSystemInternal false IsMounted false IsRemovable false IsPartition false IsOptical false
15:11:12.378 630.765137 T:1954017280 DEBUG: UDisks: Mounting /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sda1
15:11:12.407 630.793579 T:1954017280 ERROR: DBus: Error org.freedesktop.UDisks.Error.PermissionDenied - Not Authorized

Usually I would suspect some file system corruption but some of this past errors seem quite strange to me.

I've google for some of them but I only found some very old errors or some that I guess are not related to what's happening to me.
I could be wrong and that could be solved somewhere else but I haven't been able to find where or how to proceed with what I found.

Thanks all for your time!

How should I check for errors? Are those errors consistent with some file system check?
The user trying to mount the disk does not have the proper policy kit permissions. Please ask on xbian forum on how they do that nowadays.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
The forums at forum.xbian.org seem to be down but I'm not being able to mount the disk on an ubuntu nor on a raspbian so I guess it's not kodi related and I'll try my luck somewhere else.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media disk "unable to mount" and "freedesktop.UDisks.Error.PermissionDenied"0