Solved 2 Series not shown correctly in TVDB
I'm pretty sure this isn't the place for this, but I'll try and assume it'll get moved.

I asked, at TVDB.com regarding what to do in relation to Stargate SG-1 S1E01/E02, which they have as 2 episodes, but I ripped as one. I was told by the moderator to use DVD order, which lists the pilot as 2 episodes - exactly what I inquired about. It was moved to resolved, even though it was not. Ideas?

Also I've Hetty Wainthropp. Th epilot was broadcast 6 years earlier than the series start - but in essence it is the pilot. they incorrectly have it listed under Season 1, as the episode being "Special" Title being "Missing Persons (ITV Pilot) Here: http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&serie...0182&lid=7

The problems I'm beginning to run into is that the placement and labeling at TVDB is incorrect many times and will not/can not be corrected.

I game up having expecting my video's to have the correct plots/episode numbers. That's okay (it's a drag that we are force into one db) but I'd AT LEAST, like the video to be listed.

What do people here do in situations like this?
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
Hello RBraverman

Stargate SG-1
The TVDB have the pilot episode listed as two episodes in Aired Order. If you click DVD Order at the bottom of the list, you will see it has two episodes but with unusual numbering of 1.1 & 1.2. This indicates split episodes.
I also have my pilot episode ripped as one, as that is how it is on the DVD. I named mine as follows:

Stargate SG-1 S01E01.1-01.2

This is assuming you have DVD Order set in your scraper settings.

If you have DVD Order disabled, ie you are using Aired Order, then name it as follows...

Stargate SG-1 S01E01-02

Hetty Wainthropp
The TVDB are a law unto themselves. So no chances having things changed. I have had a couple of requests there for 3 months, and they refuse to act on them, and this only involves adding the DVD numbering details.

As has been mentioned previously, you can just create your own nfo files and have the sorting in any way you desire.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-09-10, 01:49)Karellen Wrote: Hello RBraverman

Stargate SG-1
The TVDB have the pilot episode listed as two episodes in Aired Order. If you click DVD Order at the bottom of the list, you will see it has two episodes but with unusual numbering of 1.1 & 1.2. This indicates split episodes.
I also have my pilot episode ripped as one, as that is how it is on the DVD. I named mine as follows:

Stargate SG-1 S01E01.1-01.2

This is assuming you have DVD Order set in your scraper settings.

If you have DVD Order disabled, ie you are using Aired Order, then name it as follows...

Stargate SG-1 S01E01-02

I ended up - just renaming S01E01E02 - Children of The Gods (Parts 1 and 2) and let the order skip Episode 2. Kinda what you did in the end I think.

(2017-09-10, 01:49)Karellen Wrote: Hetty Wainthropp
The TVDB are a law unto themselves. So no chances having things changed. I have had a couple of requests there for 3 months, and they refuse to act on them, and this only involves adding the DVD numbering details.

I AGREE - Kodi needs to move away from them.
They moved my question - after chastising me for an inadvertant change - to the resolved section. I went semi-ballistic ... the little squirt won't answer me.

(2017-09-10, 01:49)Karellen Wrote: As has been mentioned previously, you can just create your own nfo files and have the sorting in any way you desire.

I also found (everyone else probably knew this already) if it is listed as a movie, (as Missing Persons is), you can link it. I used Tiny Media to create the info, TMdb didn't have any, but imdb did.

Thanks for taking the time to answer - much appreciated!
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
(2017-09-10, 16:01)RBraverman Wrote: I AGREE - Kodi needs to move away from them.
They are absolutely awful to deal with for sure and I'd love to use an alternative, the problem is, there isn't such a complete database as TVDB anywhere else on the net.
The few times I had to request a change I had no problems with them. These shows I wanted to change weren't locked so that might be the difference.
Perhaps for the more popular shows they get so many conflicting requests that they have to decide on a format and freeze them. Being nagged (as they might see it) to change these shows anyhow might frustrate them as much as it frustrates you for not being able to make any corrections.
But I can understand the frustration; I have similar experience with fanart.tv, where I spend some time to create artwork for artists that have none whatsoever, only to get every single one of them turned down because they were deemed to be of substandard quality. Years later, these artists still don't have artwork. My way of thinking: better medium quality than none at all while they might want to have only perfect artwork available.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2017-09-10, 16:18)FXB78 Wrote:
(2017-09-10, 16:01)RBraverman Wrote: I AGREE - Kodi needs to move away from them.
They are absolutely awful to deal with for sure and I'd love to use an alternative, the problem is, there isn't such a complete database as TVDB anywhere else on the net.

Have you tried Tiny Media Manager?
SageTV, Kodi.
(2017-09-10, 23:14)Karellen Wrote: Thread marked solved.

Might I respectfully suggest that you do not mark solved? The direction the thread is moving may give way to viable alternatives.
SageTV, Kodi.
Sure- Unsolved Smile

My previous "Solved" post has been deleted
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I don't understand why you think the tvdb listing for Hetty Wainthropp is incorrect? As a pilot it is a Special then placed in Season 1 according to Aired Date.
SG-1's first two episodes are also listed as two episodes on both TVDB and themoviedb. It was shown as two episodes, albeit on the same night.

The S01E01E02 naming does fix it.

jjd-uk is right about Hetty.

If I was only adding current & popular shows I would switch to TMDB. But older stuff is often only on TVDB.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-09-11, 02:09)RBraverman Wrote:
(2017-09-10, 16:18)FXB78 Wrote:

Have you tried Tiny Media Manager?
No I haven't, but I thought TMM got it's TV Show data from TVDB?
It's like Kodi. You can set it up to scrape from TMDB, TVDB or IMDB.

The important thing to remember with the Media Managers is that once you have scraped the show, you can modify it as you please. So if you don't want S00E07, then move it to S01E3 as an example. If you don't like what was written for the plot, change it. etc...
My Signature
(2017-09-11, 10:07)Karellen Wrote: It's like Kodi. You can set it up to scrape from TMDB, TVDB or IMDB.

The important thing to remember with the Media Managers is that once you have scraped the show, you can modify it as you please. So if you don't want S00E07, then move it to S01E3 as an example. If you don't like what was written for the plot, change it. etc...
I see, so instead of arguing endlessly with tvdb you can just scrape their data & change it to suit yourself. I'll have a look, thanks Smile
Exactly.

My workflow is now
1. Scrape with media manager and create nfo.
2. Edit nfo. Add tags, change artwork, modify descriptions, moviesets, sort titles, etc...
3. Scrape into Kodi.
4. Then every so often I perform a Kodi export of my nfo's to separate files. This overwrites the original nfo, but includes all the Kodi data like playcount, last watched, resume points.

Best thing is that all these members having issues with add-ons not downloading artwork, and registering for API Keys... don't need any of that with the Media Manager.

Works great.
My Signature
(2017-09-11, 03:06)jjd-uk Wrote: I don't understand why you think the tvdb listing for Hetty Wainthropp is incorrect? As a pilot it is a Special then placed in Season 1 according to Aired Date.

Firstly as listed it does not show up when scraped.
Secondly if you look at MOST other series, they always stick pilots as Series/Season 00.
SageTV, Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 Series not shown correctly in TVDB0