Empty result when scraping TV show (thetvdb)
Pretty embarrassed I can't figure out a solution myself.

Tonight I was replacing the SD episodes of one of my existing TV shows with HD versions. I deleted the old *.mp4 files and copied the new *.mkv files in their place. As it was approx 60 episodes, I thought it would be easiest to just delete the show from my library, and rescrape the entire show in its entirety.

After deleting the show from within the library (context menu -> manage -> remove from library), I went into file browser view, navigated to the directory holding the show, and pressed I to force a rescrape. The scraper offered the correct show and I pressed OK. Usually this will bring me into the Info view for the show, giving me a chance to select artwork, etc.

This time, the Info window did appear, however with no TV show metadata displayed -- no artwork, no title, no description, nothing.

The show is available at thetvdb.com -- https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=79682&lid=7
My folder is not named the same way, but does come up in a search if using my foldername -- "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni"

I've pasted the debug log at https://pastebin.com/NFwfnE4k
The scrape attempt starts at around line 1503 I think.

It's a big log file, but hopefully someone can help me out.

16.1 Jarvis on OSX 10.11.6
media on nfs shares exported on nas
using thetvdb scraper from official Kodi repo
Can you do the following...

1 Remove the show from your library
2 Move the show out of your Kodi source directory
3 Run a Clean Library
4 Move the show back into the Kodi source directory
5 Update Library

Does that work?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks Karellen.

Moved the entire folder containing the show out of source. Running the Clean Library now but it seems to be stuck at 12% for the past several minutes. I'll leave it running for another hour or so.

Turned debug on before I ran the Clean Library, but I think after I had reopened Kodi. The debug overlay in Kodi seems to have stopped, as CPU-KODI has remained at 4.65% for about as long as Clean Library has been stuck at 12, and MEM and FPS stats have also been unchanged.

(still running) kodi.log --> https://pastebin.com/gsTKbntS

As an aside,
Decided to poke around the database in the meanwhile and found that the show and its episode records were removed from the tvshow and episode tables respectively. However, the path, tvshowlinkpath, and files tables still had records related to the removed/moved show. Should the Clean Library operation not work out, maybe "going nuclear" on these records would be the next step? Sad
A Clean Library is not a complete clean for some reason. There are still leftovers. I believe it is one of the peculiarities that is slowly being worked on.

This seems to be the hold up for your cleaning operation...

PHP Code:
00:19:34 T:140735165030400   DEBUGNFSContext for 192.168.0.101 not open get a new context.
00:20:49 T:140735165030400   ERRORNFSFailed to mount nfs share:  (nfs_service failed
You need to check what is happening with the equipment at 192.168.0.101
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Odd. .101 is a machine I decommissioned a few weeks ago. It was the previous nfs server (prior to moving all the media to the .10 box). I thought I replaced all .101 with .10 in the database but I guess I must have missed something somewhere.

On another note, the Clean Library did actually finish once I tried being patient and letting it do its thing. Afterwards, I moved the show's folder back under source, and tried a rescrape. Unfortunately, same result -- the scraper finds the correct show, but after I select it, the Info pane doesn't show any information.

One last debug log here --> https://pastebin.com/MAQ8tNqD
(It looks like the good stuff starts around line 1893)

Thanks for the help and ideas Karellen. I'm going to try sleeping on it and see if I get any brainstorms overnight.
Hi Klojum

I'm currently running NFS on a QNAP NAS, running QTS 4.3.3 (the 192.168.0.10 source in my logs).
The .101 machine was an OSX 10.10.6 machine I had retired and replaced with the QNAP. That's the reason for the fails, I must have missed a library entry or something still pointing at the old machine.
Can you post a screenshot of the contents of your directory where the show is saved.

I saw this same issue a few days ago. This other member was also using MySQL. It would find the show, then would do nothing with it. I was searching for his post, but haven't been able to locate it yet.

I have checked that it has found the right show, and it seems ok, just can't see why it is not loading it... thetvdb.com/api/439DFEBA9D3059C6/series/79682/all/en.zip

Hopefully others can spot why.
My Signature
Found that other thread. Don't expect you to do anything with it @runningnaked. Just a bookmark in case any of the other Team Members want to look and compare. But he is also running MySQL with Kodi v16.1

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=321045
My Signature
Ah! Sorry Karellen, after my last post I promptly passed out and then was out of the house all day yesterday.

Here's the contents of the directory, expanded out from the root of the Kodi source'd share. In the screenshot, I'm connected via afp, but the share point is the same as the nfs export. https://imgur.com/a/FSbuY

I do remember seeing that other post, but saw your comment about the process to go through in order to view their debug log, so I didn't bother (sorry!).

I am using the multi-user MySQL mod from the Tips & Tricks forum (196821 (thread)), not sure if that would be a factor in this (I don't think so).

I actually manually deleted the records for the show from the database and then rescraped it from scratch and it worked perfectly. I'm an idiot and didn't save screenshots, but here's some things I noticed in case it's of future use to anyone:

1. Deleted media files from nas.
  2. Removed show from library in Kodi.
  3. Records existed for the folder containing the show's media files in path table. Record for linking path & TV show remained in tvshowlinkpath table. Records for media files remained in files table.
  4. Records for show (id 295) did not exist in tvshow table. Records for episodes did not exist in episode table.
  5. In my case, there were multiple records in path table: one for the actual folder containing the show, one for a subfolder that I had initially left in there by accident (but deleted since initial scrape and before re-scrape), and one record for the full path of an episode but with a slash appended to the end of the file extension.
  6. Deleted the records attached to the originally scraped show from the 3 tables.
  7. Moved media files back into the show's folder (within the source as defined in Kodi).
  8. Rescraped, everything came up perfectly.

So in addition to using the Multi-User MySQL mod, I also had a stray subfolder in the path table. Once again, not sure if either of those was a relevant factor, but thought I'd put that out there as well.

Thanks again Karellen for taking the time to look into this with me, and sorry for the late replies. You can probably mark this thread solved, as the direct SQL edits seem to have fixed it for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Empty result when scraping TV show (thetvdb)0