Disable notification "Succesfully mounted removable storage device"
Hey folks,

I current did some major changes to the system, including kernel switch and activation of dbus-support in kodi.

In my case I have a large number of hard drive disks, which are getting mounted/unmounted by autofs to ensure they are not used by any process and can spindown.
By the use of autofs - I assume - kodi recognizes them as removable disks and posts loads of "mounted successfully" and "removed successfully" notifications when starting kodi (I use auto-library update on start) or when starting a certain file.

I assume further, it is a good idea to let kodi know about dbus,
but I do not want the notifications all time, they also show up while a file is already playing.

Is it somehow possible to get rid of this notifications?

As for now, I use kodi 17.4, but changing to any other version is possible as long as it helps.

thanks, br
there are a few options:

1.) if you don't need it build kodi without DVD drive support (-DENABLE_OPTICAL=OFF in cmake, --disable-optical-drive in autotools)
2.) patch out https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Krypto...r.cpp#L688 to only disable the notification
thx for the quick answer, will remove the optical drive support and see if it helps.

thank you!
thank, that did the trick!
key, reverting, problem still persists...i will try to patch it out...though it has to be done anytime after upgrade.

tx
Hey there,

after 3 years now the same behavior occurs at kodi 19, built without dvd or udisks support.

any other idea how to get rid of it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable notification "Succesfully mounted removable storage device"0