v17 hdmi_blanking=1 under Kodi
Hello from Germany,

i used Kodi 17.4 on a RPi3 Raspbian Stretch.

In order to deactivate my monitor or put the RPi into standby, I entered the command "hdmi_blanking=1" in the /boot/config.txt.
Unfortunately, Raspian and/or pixels didn't´t recognizes that Kodi is in used or running and turns off the monitor.
Normally it is enough to press some key to re-activate it again but it does not work when Kodi is running.

Is there any way to configure that under Kodi or the Titan Skin? So that the command in the running Kodi is deactivated?
Or Raspbian recognizes the Kodi is active and running?

Greetings from Germany
hdmi_blanking=1 for what I know, puts the TV / LCD in standby after some time of inactive, not the Raspberry Pi. Also I don't think it works correctly on Kodi and other players like omxplayer, I believe it is a firmware problem. But maybe someone here could help you better about it or at least tell you about an alternative, for example, I just use the options on TVs to go into standby after some time of inactivity.
display_blanking only applies to apps that trigger the fb_blank ioclt (X and console do, but kodi will stop that).
Remove that option and try https://github.com/asavah/script.pidisplaypower
(2017-09-10, 16:13)rascas Wrote: hdmi_blanking=1 for what I know, puts the TV / LCD in standby after some time of inactive, not the Raspberry Pi. Also I don't think it works correctly on Kodi and other players like omxplayer, I believe it is a firmware problem. But maybe someone here could help you better about it or at least tell you about an alternative, for example, I just use the options on TVs to go into standby after some time of inactivity.

I used a Monitor no TV Wink

(2017-09-10, 16:23)popcornmix Wrote: display_blanking only applies to apps that trigger the fb_blank ioclt (X and console do, but kodi will stop that).
Remove that option and try https://github.com/asavah/script.pidisplaypower

Big Thx

I try to test it the next Days if i have time for that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hdmi_blanking=1 under Kodi0