Req Enhanced Libraries to better integrate Streaming Content
Hello together,

I couldn't find my idea with the search and in the "frequent request list" - but I would love to have it, so here we go:

I have been using Kodi for years to watch my favorite tv series. However with the latest kodi developements I started to use Amazon Prime, Netflix and Skygo (Germany) to stream content (thank you for the great work!). Although this Addons are great, I loved when I found out how to export the TV series and movies from these streaming addons into my kodi library and started watching those from there. It works like a charm - only difference: now the files come from the streaming services.

Only problems I found (after some time):
i) Some seasons are only listed on service A, others on service B
ii) When one season or episodes are listed on both services, the library creates duplicates
iii) There is no automated "local watched status" - at least not with Amazon and Netflix
iv) Some services (e.g. Amazon) tend to change there programm, so sometimes stuff is getting unavailable, but one has to start every episode and get error reports before finding out which ones work.

Keeping this in mind, i would propose "a logical next step": A way to fully integrate streaming content into the existing library (e.g. select the content in the addons and then export to library) and improve it in a way:

1) To merge the different sources into one content listing (e.g. Season 1 from local (and Amazon), season 2 from Amazon and Netflix, Season 3 from Netflix and Skygo, Season 4 from Skygo, Season 5 only Amazon)
2) Every Season and Episode is only showed once in the library - if there are different sources, one could either choose which source to play or set a priority list (e.g. local > Amazon > Netflix > Skygo) or display the one with the greatest quality (4K > 1080p > 720p > SD)
3) One can choose (privacy option!) whether to set watched status only locally or sync to different streaming services (e.g. if you share an account (Netflix), do you really want everybody to know what you saw?)).
4) A way to check whether the imported content is still available or even if new content is available for the already imported tv series (e.g. new episode aired) - some kind of enhanced "update library content"!
5) Icons for the streaming services (Amazon, Netflix, Skygo, Hulu, Maxdome, you name it) would be nice to be displayed with the content to display what content is available where (similar to e.g. the quality (1080p, 720p, ...) of the content)

What do you think? I think I would love it and it would make Kodi the "ultimate media center for local and streaming content". Especially with currently more streaming providers providing there services (e.g. Disney wanting to create there own, hbo... ) and not being able to have ONE streaming service which has everything!

I hope you like my suggestion,
Linkin
The Media Import work being done may allow something similar to what you request in the future, see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794

Unfortunately the dev working on it has had a busy real life so hasn't had a lot of spare time to get the code into a state that it can be added into our mainline code.
That really, sounds similar at some points. Are there any plans to integrate this in the 19.x releases or any other plans beside this branch?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enhanced Libraries to better integrate Streaming Content0