v17 Playback stop randomly
Video 
System : RPI 3
Path to video : nfs in kodi.

Several videos i've recently played stopped several times during playback, like if I pushed the "stop" button.
I can sometime go back to where I was, since kodi registered the time already viewed, but sometimes, its just like I never played it, and have to find the right time in the movie again.

Don't know yet if its related to LibreElec or Kodi, or a network problem, as I cant reproduce the problem doing specific steps, or playing a specific file, its kind of random.

I was able to take a debug log yesterday : DEBUG LOG

If someone can help me read this log, and identify the problem, that would be great.
Post a link to a full log and not just the part you think is important
Moanbag is in da place!
Here is the complete file, but I enabled debug without restarting.

FULL Debug LOG

I'm trying to reproduce it, having enabled debug, and restarted, but so far, so good...that is a weird issue.
"ERROR: Read - Error( -14, read call failed with "F" )" seems to be the failure.

Looks like trying to read the file is returning an error (which causes kodi to stop playback).
I can see a few matches on this string with google, but nothing with a solution.

It may be a network issue (is it a wired connection all the way to nfs server?)
It may be an issue on nfs server (what is server?)
Might be an issue with hard disk on server failing (and returning occasional errors). Maybe check logs on server.

To narrow it down, if using wifi then try wired.
To see if it is a local kodi issue then try playing the same files locally (copy to sdcard or USB attached drive).
Do you have another device on network that can serve nfs? Be interesting if that shows same issue.
Rather than using kodi's built in libnfs, you could try mounting the nfs drive at the OS level and then play from mount point.
It is a wired connection to the nfs server.
The server is an HP Microserver gen 7, running a debian-8.0-based distro called Openmediavault.
Hard disks are pooled using mergerfs (2 disks). Both show no reallocated sector, nor raw-read-error, so they are are both fine.
Disks are set to spin down after 180 min. That exceeds the length of the movie I was watching, so I expect it not to be the problem (but who knows?)
I have checked the CPU load during the time I observed problem, and CPU was not overloaded...

Guess I will have to wait and see if that will happen again, and look right into it when it does...

EDIT: I'm looking into how to setup rpcdebug to see whats going on server side, do you think its not worth it? Sould I instead try to mount the NFS share on the OS level?
I will have to edit the shared mysql database to do so right? What if I have another client on windows ? If I change the path in the database, it guess it will not work anymore on the windows client.
(2017-09-11, 09:23)snwo Wrote: EDIT: I'm looking into how to setup rpcdebug to see whats going on server side, do you think its not worth it? Sould I instead try to mount the NFS share on the OS level?
I will have to edit the shared mysql database to do so right? What if I have another client on windows ? If I change the path in the database, it guess it will not work anymore on the windows client.

This is just a test. You can mount the drive at OS level and just play some of the files you watch through the file interface rather than library interface.
If you still get the same error in log then we have ruled out libnfs and you can remove the OS mount and carry on as before.

If your system gets more reliable you may consider recreating your database with the new OS mount, and we have narrowed down where the problem lies.
(Path substitution may be a shortcut to using the new path, but no point considering that until the testing has proved if it will help).
Well, I have not seen the problem come back, so I must have been very circumstantial. Maybe a temporary problem of the NFS server, that was fixed with an update or anything else.

I will report back with proper debugging infos if it happens again.

Thank you popcornmix. Keep up the good work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback stop randomly0