Possible to browse by Record Label
Hi,

After setting up an album series node, thanks again to Zag's tutorial, I was wondering if I could set up a node to display music by record label but preferably like the album series where I just create entries for what record labels I want to see as i guess showing the whole library by record label may not be the best idea?

Took a look at the DB's and didn't see anything jumping out at me so is something like this possible? I would think probably in Leia only as well and not Krypton if there might be a change what with all the changes for music in Leia?

Thanks in advance,

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Mike, if it is in this sub-form I will see it!

In Krypton you can use "label" rules for album type smart playlists, and likewise in filter type custom nodes. Not sure what the "album series" does, but you should be able to create nodes to do what you want.

An example playlist looks like this
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="albums">
    <name>DECCA</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="label" operator="is">
        <value>DECCA</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>
Cheers Dave,

Wasn't sure 'label' was available so thought best to ask. The 'album series' is pretty much the same just with rule field being album. Just lets me group mix cd releases together which I've grown to like and as such looking into other ways to view library.
I've been adding Label info to TADB recently as well if that's any help. We also store the label logo now which could make some nice views if it can be scraped properly somehow Smile

Got any screenshots of the album series nodes? I love mine just interested in what others have done.
Will post an image or 2 later but mainly been setting the nodes up and haven't really thought of specific views for it but now I am? How are you displaying yours? I'm mainly using the info view using the icon assigned in the node but I've got to go find better icons as well as they are all different sizes.

@docwra, off topic question but is there anywhere that has folder images for the Fabric cd's that includ the tin can? not just an image of the card board sleeve? think they would look better if edge of tin can was included.
Mine looks like this (I think it could be improved with transparent series logos)

No idea about the fabric artwork sorry, I've only just managed to import them properly after working out how to rename them to VA releases Smile One day I will listen to them hehe
Hi docwra,

Sorry in getting back to you, noticed I didn't really like how the nodes were being displayed so decide to do enhance an existing view to show the contents of each item in the node when viewing like this:

It shows first 16 cds in the item, wanted it to scroll but that's not possible unfortunately.

Only just had a chance to do this.
Very nice!! Almost like a proper jukebox!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to browse by Record Label0