Solved Alternative to speed up native cleaining (Cause MyVideos107.db)
I've went into the db folder and had these:

MyVideos99.db
MyVideos107.db
MyVideos108.db

So I shut down Kodi and removed all but the one that's need for Kodi v17 which is the 107 one.

Cleaning still took an age (5mins+).

So then after shutting down Kodi, I deleted the 107 one and after rebooting, the cleaning process took 3-4seconds.

The file size difference of both is minor. The fresh 107.db is 12.78mb and the old slow one to clean is 13.35mb.

Is this a cause, where I'm safer of starting fresh because of the previous versions lurking in the DataBase folder.

I've tried using the video cleaner plugin found here but it didn't work.
Cleaning only affects the database in use. Deleting older/newer databases has zero effect on that.
They also have no effect whatsoever (apart from upgrading) on the ongoing Kodi workings.

Cleaning can take time when a video db has lots of entries other than local (lan) video entries. Things like Youtube videos or other online stuff can fill up the 'files' table in the video database pretty quickly.
Quote:I've tried using the video cleaner plugin found here but it didn't work.

This works for me, and found it invaluable and most likely the solution. Post a message in that forum along with a proper debug log while utilizing the software.
(2017-09-11, 14:40)Klojum Wrote: Cleaning only affects the database in use. Deleting older/newer databases has zero effect on that.
They also have no effect whatsoever (apart from upgrading) on the ongoing Kodi workings.

Cleaning can take time when a video db has lots of entries other than local (lan) video entries. Things like Youtube videos or other online stuff can fill up the 'files' table in the video database pretty quickly.
Yeah, I was thinking that. My VideoXXXdb was a few years old so maybe it was time I started fresh.

(2017-09-11, 20:22)PatK Wrote:
Quote:I've tried using the video cleaner plugin found here but it didn't work.

This works for me, and found it invaluable and most likely the solution. Post a message in that forum along with a proper debug log while utilizing the software.
I would of but it didn't even create the log file. I'll try again later tonight. I've got Kodi running in portable mode of my External HD. Maybe that's the issue. I'll post on the thread later if I can get the log to work with the error. If not ask why it's not working over there.

I just need to go through my collection and sort watched/unwatched and it'll be fine.

I'd love if the native cleaner added the option similar to the function of the plugin.
Ok you're using portable mode, note the log file location is going to be in the portable folder e.g. C:\Kodi-Krypton\Kodi\portable_data/Kodi.log
(2017-09-11, 20:57)PatK Wrote: Ok you're using portable mode, note the log file location is going to be in the portable folder e.g. C:\Kodi-Krypton\Kodi\portable_data/Kodi.log

Not the Kodi.log the log relating to the Database Pre-Wash Scrub plugin one. I cannot find it anywhere. I've posted over on that thread there to see if the dev knows. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2646095

The kodi.log is actually "G:\_Kodi Install\portable_data" where "G:\_Kodi Install\" is the install root.

But I don't think I need that. Just the database-cleaner.log AFAIK to know whats bugging out with that.

EDIT: I do. I needed to check enable debugging to kodi debug log.
FIXED, CASE CLOSED

Other users had said that the advancedsettings.xml file was to blame with the comment blocks causing mischief right above my post but I should of read it clearer. I've managed to keep mine.

See: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2646241
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternative to speed up native cleaining (Cause MyVideos107.db)0