Add Timer - PVR Timer does not support...
I switched today from a media portal backend that was giving me all sorts of issues to Argus. In the main it works really well, I was just trying to set-up a timer when I saw the following error -

"Time Rule creation failed, The PVR add-on does not support a suitable timer rule type".

I guess this is an issue with the plugin as I can set timers using the Argus web interface.

Does anyone know if this add-on is still being developed as I see a lot of unanswered threads here and on the ArgusTV forums. If not whats another good PVR option for Kodi with active support?

Thanks
(2017-09-12, 00:14)sepulchre Wrote: I switched today from a media portal backend that was giving me all sorts of issues to Argus. In the main it works really well, I was just trying to set-up a timer when I saw the following error -

"Time Rule creation failed, The PVR add-on does not support a suitable timer rule type".

I guess this is an issue with the plugin as I can set timers using the Argus web interface.

Does anyone know if this add-on is still being developed as I see a lot of unanswered threads here and on the ArgusTV forums. If not whats another good PVR option for Kodi with active support?

Thanks

For me, the argustv add-on seems to be dead. There was no active development for years. We just kept it building, no new features, no bug fixes.

EDIT: there are a couple if well maintained PVR add-ons, among them vdr, tvheadend, mythtv to name just a few.
(2017-09-12, 07:57)ksooo Wrote: For me, the argustv add-on seems to be dead. There was no active development for years. We just kept it building, no new features, no bug fixes.

EDIT: there are a couple if well maintained PVR add-ons, among them vdr, tvheadend, mythtv to name just a few.

Appreciate the reply ksooo, it's a real shame though as Argus in all other respects is working brilliantly compared to the Mediaportal backend I used to run. I will check out the other backends you listed, but I think these all require linux which I don't have time to learn unfortunately, a windows option is all I can look into right now.
(2017-09-12, 09:50)sepulchre Wrote:
(2017-09-12, 07:57)ksooo Wrote: For me, the argustv add-on seems to be dead. There was no active development for years. We just kept it building, no new features, no bug fixes.

Appreciate the reply ksooo, it's a real shame though as Argus in all other respects is working brilliantly compared to the Mediaportal backend I used to run. I will check out the other backends you listed, but I think these all require linux which I don't have time to learn unfortunately, a windows option is all I can look into right now.

That's the way it works with free and open source software. You can't rely on anything. If there is a volunteer who is willing to maintain Argus TV, fine - if not, you have to live with this situation or take action yourself, time and skills permitted ofc.
Beyond hacking together excel VBA my programming skills are unfortunately none existent. If I could help I certainly would, as it is I wouldn't even know where to start, i.e what language is used?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add Timer - PVR Timer does not support...0