How will the new Amazon Fire TV affect Kodi?
Amazon is said to release two Fire TV models at the end of this year. Just curious if these new releases will affect Kodi upgrade. Would like to start this thread for this topic.
Don't know what you mean by "Kodi upgrade"? However, these are unreleased devices and there is not much know about them, so anything would just be speculation at this point.

That said, AFTVNews does have some info here: http://www.aftvnews.com/exclusive-these-...d-in-2017/
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-09-12, 04:29)Tinwarble Wrote: Don't know what you mean by "Kodi upgrade"? However, these are unreleased devices and there is not much know about them, so anything would just be speculation at this point.
Yes speculation that Amazon might lock down the device completely to prevent all Kodi installs with new Android Nougat Firmware.
All sorts of stuff can be locked down tight because Amazon are the gatekeepers.

(2017-09-12, 05:15)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-09-12, 04:29)Tinwarble Wrote: Don't know what you mean by "Kodi upgrade"? However, these are unreleased devices and there is not much know about them, so anything would just be speculation at this point.
Yes speculation that Amazon might lock down the device completely to prevent all Kodi installs with new Android Nougat Firmware.
i wonder what percentage of firestick buyers are legit vs the "fully loaded" users.

Locking them down would probably take out a sizable portion of their hardware sales, but they are pushing you more towards their content so itd make sense. I cant imagine their making a ton of hardware sales vs content anyway.
(2017-09-12, 05:15)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes speculation that Amazon might lock down the device completely to prevent all Kodi installs with new Android Nougat Firmware.

Pretty sure that was the same "speculation" when the AFTV 2 was announced. If they wanted to they could have done it already.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
4K HDR streaming is the way forward with higher profit margin's for Amazon themselves so anything is possible with new Firmware on new Hardware.

I doubt Amazon are making any profit on Hardware sales anyway.

I just hope it will be an amlogic SoC used (looks to me like that), so that an Amazon device might finally get real deinterlacing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How will the new Amazon Fire TV affect Kodi?0