v17 No PVR client list in my add-ons
(2019-11-19, 10:43)phunkyfish Wrote: Can you try installing installing from the kodi repository?

Android and windows should have binary addon repos now.

EDIT: this really should be new tread as the subject is v17.

Not sure if you mean me, but I came to start a new thread and this was at the top of the page and seemed to be the same issue.

But no, I don't think you can install from the repo because there's no entry for PVR clients there, either. Because they're all already installed by default, just disabled, so there's no need for them to be in the repo.

Although on the subject of v17, I actually rolled back to 17.6 for other reasons, and ServerWMC is no longer an option in PVR clients. I'm guessing Leia dropped support for it since Win10 doesn't officially support WMC? One would think reinstalling Krypton would fix that but it doesn't. I still have pvr.wmc folders in Program Files and AppData, but it doesn't show up in the PVR clients list.
Add-ons / PVR clients = Install from repo -> PVR clients

Add-ons / My add-ons = All the addons you have installed (only ones that are installed).

Think if them as two different views. On the likes of LibreElec my addons will contain all the pvr addons but they will be disabled. On Windows/Mac they will not be installed, you need to install them from the repo. I had thought that Android was the same as Windows/Mac.

pvr.wmc is still availed on Leia and Matrix.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2019-11-19, 17:35)phunkyfish Wrote: Add-ons / PVR clients = Install from repo -> PVR clients

Add-ons / My add-ons = All the addons you have installed (only ones that are installed).

Think if them as two different views. On the likes of LibreElec my addons will contain all the pvr addons but they will be disabled. On Windows/Mac they will not be installed, you need to install them from the repo. I had thought that Android was the same as Windows/Mac.

pvr.wmc is still availed on Leia and Matrix.

You're right, my backup machine still has Leia and everything is fine.

My screenshots were from after reinstalling Krypton over Leia, which borks everything apparently. That whole row of icons at the top of the page (install from respository, etc) is missing from the Add-ons page.

I may just wipe both installs and start over for testing.
Yes, kodi was only designed to have one copy installed on a machine. Probably best to remove everything and start over. Then it all should work.
(2019-11-20, 01:43)phunkyfish Wrote: Yes, kodi was only designed to have one copy installed on a machine. Probably best to remove everything and start over. Then it all should work.

I solved this prob by:

$   sudo apt-get update
$   sudo autoclean && sudo autoremove
$   sudo apt-get update
$   sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
$   sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
$   sudo apt-get update
$   sudo apt-get install kodi
$   apt-cache search kodi
$   sudo apt-get install kodi-peripheral-joystick kodi-pvr-iptvsimple kodi-inputstream-adaptive kodi-inputstream-rtmp

then restart kodi.
cheers
(2019-11-19, 17:35)phunkyfish Wrote: Add-ons / PVR clients = Install from repo -> PVR clients

I have no PVR clients category when I do "install from repo" (Kodi 18.6 on Raspberry Pi 3B). Why?
On Linux you would need to install their packages.
(2020-06-03, 18:32)phunkyfish Wrote: On Linux you would need to install their packages.

Thank you for the answer! I am a little desperate. I have tried to install the addons through command line:

Code:
sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-nextpvr

And others like Simple IPTV. But nothing happens (the addon seems to be loaded but it is not in the addon list).

The point is that there is no category. In other words, there are no addons and there are no PVR clients.

Kodi wiki says: "For basic features on most PVR add-ons/backend, you only need to go to Settings -> Live TV -> General and "Enable Live TV"

But there is no "Enable Live TV" there. As can be seen at Settings/Live_TV (wiki)
What version of kodi are you using?

Maybe you still have to install from repo on Linux. I’m afraid I’m not familiar with the OS.

On my raspberry pis I use libreElec
(2020-06-03, 22:40)phunkyfish Wrote: What version of kodi are you using?

Maybe you still have to install from repo on Linux. I’m afraid I’m not familiar with the OS.

On my raspberry pis I use libreElec

18.6 Is a fresh install from repo with apt-get:

Code:
apt-get install kodi

Code:
$ kodi -v
18.6 Git:20200310-c668f73c38 Media Center Kodi

Thanks anyway. This is a mistery.
After a quick read it looks like you installed them the right way.

Where exactly are you looking for them? Just walk through the UI to where you think they should be.

And make sure you have restarted kodi after the install.
Smile 
(2020-06-04, 01:10)phunkyfish Wrote: After a quick read it looks like you installed them the right way.

Where exactly are you looking for them? Just walk through the UI to where you think they should be.

And make sure you have restarted kodi after the install.

It works now! I'm not sure why. The addons are in place! Anyway, thank you very much for your attention.
Great!
(2020-06-05, 08:50)phunkyfish Wrote: Great!

Sorry, what was the trick here? After being frustrated by this problem for ages I found this thread, and read it all hoping for a solution, so what is it?
I am running fedora 32 on an x86-64 and have installed kodi 18.8, kodi-pvr-hts 4.4.20 and kodi-pvr-iptvsimple 3.8.8 from the rpmfusion repository. According to the log they are all loaded correctly. But still I see no PVR Clients submenu for Add-ons, and if I search Add-ons for PVR I find only "Services - KN Switchtimer Service" (which isn't installed)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No PVR client list in my add-ons0