2 Movies Won't Show Up in Movie Browser
I just built a new Kodi HTPC on Ubuntu. I have my movies ripped from my Blu-ray discs using Make MKV as the original uncompressed mkvs. All 200+ other videos show up and play fine. However, 2 movies won't show up, and those are Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2. Since my other PC is running as a Plex server, I've been using the Plex file format and copying those files to this new box that way. That seemed to work fine for Kodi except for these 2 movies. They are in their own labeled folders like all the other movies and I've rescanned the library multiple times. It scans the folders but does not populate them in movies. They don't show up like every other movie. I have tried renaming the folders and files and moving them between hard drives. What am I missing? Thanks!

These are the folder and file names:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010)\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010).mkv
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2011)\Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2011).mkv
The naming seems correct.

Run a Debug log (wiki) and try adding the folders to the library whilst debugging. Post the log to a service such as pastebin and provide the link here so we can see what's going on.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2017-09-12, 18:12)Dangelus Wrote: The naming seems correct.

Run a Debug log (wiki) and try adding the folders to the library whilst debugging. Post the log to a service such as pastebin and provide the link here so we can see what's going on.

Do you mean removing and re-adding the media folder to the library within Kodi (all the movies are in a large Movies folder on the hard drive), or moving the files out of the hard drive folder and back in, then re-scanning the library within Kodi? Thanks.
I'm assuming you would have added the parent folder (that contains all your movies in their respective folders) as your movies source and scanned it in. The issue is that these two have been skipped for some reason (which we are attempting to figure out).
What is your directory structure? Do you have a parent folder for example "Movies" and child folders for each movie?

If so then go to videos --> "files" ---> "movies" --> "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010" - hit context button or "c" on the keyboard and choose "add to library" (or words to that effect)

Make sure you enable debugging first.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2017-09-12, 18:23)Dangelus Wrote: I'm assuming you would have added the parent folder (that contains all your movies in their respective folders) as your movies source and scanned it in. The issue is that these two have been skipped for some reason (which we are attempting to figure out).
What is your directory structure? Do you have a parent folder for example "Movies" and child folders for each movie?

If so then go to videos --> "files" ---> "movies" --> "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010" - hit context button or "c" on the keyboard and choose "add to library" (or words to that effect)

Make sure you enable debugging first.

Yeah, that's correct. I'll try that later when I get home from work. Thanks.
I parsed the logs to save you some time and this is where it looks like it's failing. I didn't see anything else related to this particular issue.

EDIT: Logs removed, do not post log file in forum and a full debug log is required.
Try using "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One (2010).....Part Two(2011)

It that still doesn't work, try going to Videos > Files > your source, then open the Harry Potter folder, select the file and pull up the context menu and select "Scan to library".

Also, do not post partial debug logs. If a debug log is requested a full log should be provided and don't post them in the forum.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I will save you some time too: post a link to the full log and not just a snippet
Moanbag is in da place!
There's a typo in your folder and filenames as you have "Hollows" when it should be "Hallows".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 Movies Won't Show Up in Movie Browser0