Rpi VPN necessary if PIA installed on desktop
I presently am running Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop wired to my ASUS AC 1900 Dual Band Router with Kodi 17.4 installed.
I also have Private Internet Access VPN software installed.
My question is if my VPN is always ON and connected somewhere, when I use Kodi to watch a movie can I be tracked.
vpn has nothing to do with kodi.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
moved to off-topic
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
To answer your question you can be tracked it just makes it harder or easier depending on who is tracking you.
Why do you need a VPN to watch a movie, and if you are worried about being tracked watching a movie this alone suggests that the movie isn't on a NAS or local file server....
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rpi VPN necessary if PIA installed on desktop0