Apple TV 4K Vs AmazonFire TV
Well good news for appletv 4K users

TvOS 11.2 includes new features, bug fixes, and security improvements in the OS and SDK, including:
- Automatic mode switching to native frame rate and dynamic range of video content with Apple TV 4K
- Support for switching Apple TV 4K display output to SDR for apps that are GPU-bound when running in HDR
- Restoring Unwatched category in Home Sharing for Movies, TV Shows, and Home Videos

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/30/app...evelopers/
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Heres a video

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/fall2017/503/
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

(2017-10-31, 06:52)couto27 Wrote: Well good news for appletv 4K users

TvOS 11.2 includes new features, bug fixes, and security improvements in the OS and SDK, including:
- Automatic mode switching to native frame rate and dynamic range of video content with Apple TV 4K
- Support for switching Apple TV 4K display output to SDR for apps that are GPU-bound when running in HDR

Yes that is indeed good news if Apple implements dynamic Fractional Frame Rate switching properly.
It actually shows Apple developers are listening, and may even force other streaming platforms to get their shit together if they want to compete.

Even tho HD Audio passthrough is not supported yet, HD decode to Multichannel Lossless PCM Audio output is:

https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/ar...tions-tvOS-

(2017-10-31, 06:52)couto27 Wrote: Well good news for appletv 4K users

- Restoring Unwatched category in Home Sharing for Movies, TV Shows, and Home Videos

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/30/app...evelopers/

Well. black friday is coming...
I have a shield, but i hate the problems with video passtrough/color space not changing when playing 1080p with a 4k setup...

If the atv4k is able to play properly 1080p 24Hz and 4k HDR/DV i will give it a try!
What about Infuse as a player for the local network content?
Infuse or MrMC?
Hello guys

I own a Nvidia Shield, and I'm very happy with it.

Now I would like to try a Wetek Hub with OpenElec, just to try...

But I'm really curious to try new Apple TV 4K with Infuse, the last update seems to work also with HDR, and from beginning of December also auto frame rate should works...

Anyone tried Infuse with new Apple TV 4k?

Thanks a lot
Not really a topic for here, but I run Infuse and MrMC. Feel free to PM me.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
Apple have announced proper automatic frame rate support for the ATV 4K in the next release of tvOS - so properly written ATV apps will output 24p at 24p, 25p at 50p etc. That's a major improvement over most other Netflix platforms.

I assume MrMC will grab hold of that ASAP?
(2017-11-12, 02:29)noggin Wrote: I assume MrMC will grab hold of that ASAP?

Not in their most recent TestFlight, but they were working on that before the 11.2 beta was out.  I'm sure they'll get it.
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Fingers crossed the Apple TV Frame Rate changing also comes to existing HD Apple TV 4s and isn't just restricted to the 4K.
(2017-11-12, 12:32)noggin Wrote: Fingers crossed the Apple TV Frame Rate changing also comes to existing HD Apple TV 4s and isn't just restricted to the 4K.

It doesn't, they're stuck in the past. Only the Apple TV 4K is getting it.
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 4K Vs AmazonFire TV0