Req Splash screen setting
Hi,

I know that this request will probably have not much interest but I post it anyway...

Could it be possible to have a setting to let user choose the picture he wants as splash screen?

I know peoples can already change it by replacing the Splash.png file but there is 2 issues:

-not everybody knows where it is located

-it has to be done on each kodi update (really boring to do it everyday when using nightlies)

Thanks to those who took the time to read this
Moanbag is in da place!
I see the Kodi splash for less than half a second. Is it that much worth it? Smile
Just thought it would have make things simpler for some user but if it's hard to do or could take to much time to do, then simply forget about it
Moanbag is in da place!
I'm not a Kodi developer (although I have some programming background), it doesn't "sound" to be a big thing to implement. I just don't think your request will be on the top of the pile anytime soon.
Totally understand

Maybe one day...

Thanks for your time
Moanbag is in da place!
In my opinion the splash screen is part of our branding. We allow to disable or enable it and we allow that people can replace it manually. I for myself don't want to provide anything else.

This is Kodi and its all our baby - i know that. But thos splash screens are like the google logos for us. They are holy to me. Of course thats my personal opinion and may not reflect the official team stance on this.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-09-15, 07:36)Memphiz Wrote: In my opinion the splash screen is part of our branding. We allow to disable or enable it and we allow that people can replace it manually. I for myself don't want to provide anything else.

This is Kodi and its all our baby - i know that. But thos splash screens are like the google logos for us. They are holy to me. Of course thats my personal opinion and may not reflect the official team stance on this.

Agreed.

You want your own splash you should rebrand the whole damn thing.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-09-15, 07:36)Memphiz Wrote: In my opinion the splash screen is part of our branding. We allow to disable or enable it and we allow that people can replace it manually. I for myself don't want to provide anything else.

Totally understandable

Just forget about this request
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-09-15, 17:37)Martijn Wrote:

Agreed.

You want your own splash you should rebrand the whole damn thing.

Before you came again to play the big boss, I just want to say that what you call my "own splash" is just the actual Kodi splash colored in red

So we are a little bit far from rebranding...

Now that Martijn made the law, I think this thread can be closed...
Moanbag is in da place!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Splash screen setting0