Best HW for 4K HDR
(2017-09-17, 19:24)ramiawad Wrote: ]Thanks for the details, is there an easy way to identify the streaming content fps ? as I will need to set it up manually as it seems auto resolution change will not select the right color space on Shield and I need to set resolution, fps, and color space manually (which will be annoying and I hope that Nvidia will fix this for a 200$ streaming box)

Sent from my SM-G955F (typie typie)

It wouldn't matter even when Nvidia implements auto resolution switching since like everything else it requires the app to use the API. Netflix has even refused to even implement auto refresh rate switching which has been apart of Android for some time now.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
What I have noticed on AMLogic's MINIX U9 & WeTek Hub / Play2 with properly implemented OS / Kodi Krypton refresh switching and running unofficial Android TV ROM's...

Is that ATV Netflix App will refresh switch the OS refresh rate back to 1080p60Hz every time it starts up without fail, all by itself. It's implementing this switching on a dynamic basis based on the fps of viewed content that is the challenge.

That's a hack though and not something that is implemented as standard in Android.

As that is an unofficial ROM they can get away with certain things that Google partner devices running an "official" ROM can't.

Google already provides the APIs in Android for both refresh rate and resolution switching and it's up to app devs to implement, the same way Kodi and Plex have implemented.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-09-18, 04:24)wrxtasy Wrote: What I have noticed on AMLogic's MINIX U9 & WeTek Hub / Play2 with properly implemented OS / Kodi Krypton refresh switching and running unofficial Android TV ROM's...

Is that ATV Netflix App will refresh switch the OS refresh rate back to 1080p60Hz every time it starts up without fail, all by itself. It's implementing this switching on a dynamic basis based on the fps of viewed content that is the challenge.

That must be really annoying - given that there is very little (if any?) 29.97/30p content on Netflix the last thing you'd want is it to force into 60Hz output? If it overrides a manual or TVHZ selection to 23.976 or 50Hz output (for '24p' and 25p content respectively - which is the bulk (all?) of Netflix)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best HW for 4K HDR0