H.265 Native Support
It appears that iOS 11, tvOS 11, and Mac OS High Sierra have all added hardware support for H.265 to their respective SDKs, will Kodi recognize that the support is in VideoToolbox and make use of it or will a patch be needed?
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
iOS 11 is not even available yet, it will be downloadable on 19 September.
(2017-09-13, 20:08)Klojum Wrote: iOS 11 is not even available yet, it will be downloadable on 19 September.

Apple pushed the GM to anyone who had signed up for the beta.

The IPSW files are also already available and are installable on any device, not just ones with a developer account attached to them.

Xcode 9 is also GM
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Im following, This is something that is on my wish list for Kodi on apple tv so I can fully run away from plex. Whenever I switch back to Plex to watch some newer tv shows that I have in H.265 its depressing losing the amazing UI and extra features I get from Kodi.
It won't work without adding support for it in ffmpeg
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
H.265 Native Support0