PSA: The forum server will be physically migrated to a new datacenter. Expect a large downtime of the forum between the 27th and the 29th of September.

Solved Issue - Kodi remote connection w port forward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xamalon Offline
Hi all!

I`m trying to made my kodi player to be controlled by google assistant.
so i need to setup kody remote control.

Well i turned everything on and changed port to 7272.

From my local wifi network it worked like a charm, and i can access web interface.

Well i went on and made port forward on my router --- ext address port 7272 - kodi local address port 7272 for tcp and udp

But here is no connection availble.
I`ve got a web server on my network and i can connect to it with my port forward from any where i need. But there is no luck with kodi. Why so? I do port forward similar to my web server. =(((
find quote
xamalon Offline
Solved ) there was some troubles inside my network
find quote
Karellen Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Thread marked solved.

My Signature
Links to : Forum rules (wiki) | Banned_Add-ons (wiki) | Free Movies/TV Shows | Debug Log (wiki) || Artwork (wiki) | NFO_files (wiki) | Import-Export_library (wiki)
find quote
Abbaskip Offline
(2017-09-14 10:34)xamalon Wrote:  Hi all!

I`m trying to made my kodi player to be controlled by google assistant.
so i need to setup kody remote control.

Well i turned everything on and changed port to 7272.

From my local wifi network it worked like a charm, and i can access web interface.

Well i went on and made port forward on my router --- ext address port 7272 - kodi local address port 7272 for tcp and udp

But here is no connection availble.
I`ve got a web server on my network and i can connect to it with my port forward from any where i need. But there is no luck with kodi. Why so? I do port forward similar to my web server. =(((
Can I ask what sort of Google Assistant setup this is? Is it from mobile to Kodi? And if so how is it working? Very interested in the setup
find quote