Wikipedia entry claims browser capability
I just directed a friend to the DVR software comparison page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison...e_packages. The entry for Kodi claims that using plugins/addons, browsing the web is possible. I've long hoped to see such a capability, but have searched in vain. The ubiquitous 'somebody' might want to update that entry!
Moved to Wiki

@Jackanory The link you provided leads to a page that does not exist. Can you check address please.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-09-14, 22:14)Karellen Wrote: Moved to Wiki

@Jackanory The link you provided leads to a page that does not exist. Can you check address please.

It exists if you remove the period from the end of the link.
(2017-09-14, 22:14)Karellen Wrote: @Jackanory The link you provided leads to a page that does not exist. Can you check address please.

The link works fine for me in IE11/Win7, but ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison...e_packages ... just for you! Smile
Wikipedia is editable by anyone, but before you vandalise it try looking at chrome launcher.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Presumably, you feel quite proud of yourself for ascribing such motives to me!
No sorry I just meant that changing Wikipedia would be wrong given the ability to run browser addons.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The Chrome launcher is hardly a highlight in Kodi's capabilities. The fact you can, with a little gerrymandered configuration, open websites on some platforms, doesn't correspond with most people's idea of browsing.

Apology accepted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wikipedia entry claims browser capability0