Audio delay when using Allo Piano 2.1 DAC + Kali Reclocker
I am using Kodi 17 (and also tried 18, both with and without LibreElec) together with the Allo Piano 2.1 DAC and Kali Reclocker (default settings except subwoofer set to 2.0).
When playing videos the sound is sometimes delayed several seconds, not in sync with the video. The delay differs a lot between videos. I already tried to enabling pass-through etc.

Any idea what could be wrong?
The description of the kali mentions it has a 0.7seconds buffer - so this is where the audio delay comes from.

You could try to adjust the audio offset (bring up the audio menu during video playback) to compensate for that.

But, honestly, it would be better to not add a device into your chain that introduces such huge delays - especially for video playback were A/V sync is crucial.

Passthrough won't help, this is intended to send surround audio (DTS, AC3) via a digital connection (SPDIF, HDMI) to a surround decoder. Your Allo card is a simple 2-channel (stereo) audio card with no surround capabilities or decoder and so it doesn't offer passthrough.

so long,

Hias
(2017-09-15, 12:23)HiassofT Wrote: The description of the kali mentions it has a 0.7seconds buffer - so this is where the audio delay comes from.

You could try to adjust the audio offset (bring up the audio menu during video playback) to compensate for that.

But, honestly, it would be better to not add a device into your chain that introduces such huge delays - especially for video playback were A/V sync is crucial.

Passthrough won't help, this is intended to send surround audio (DTS, AC3) via a digital connection (SPDIF, HDMI) to a surround decoder. Your Allo card is a simple 2-channel (stereo) audio card with no surround capabilities or decoder and so it doesn't offer passthrough.

so long,

Hias

If I just knew this before buying this expensive set. Missed that detail. I wonder why I am the only one on the Internet talking about this. Already had to remove the amp from the chain because of other issues. Never expected it to be useless for video. At least the piano DAC documentation said they support Kodi. May as well throw the entire 150$ bundle in the trash Sad

Thank you for finding this out for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio delay when using Allo Piano 2.1 DAC + Kali Reclocker0