How Kodi browses for NFS servers?
Hi.

How does Kodi get the list of available NFS servers when browsing for new sources? (Specifically I'm trying to add a video source, but I think this is true for any source be it music or picture). I'm not asking for the shares exported from a single NFS server, but the list of IP of all available NFS servers.

Kodi shows a list of some linux NFS servers and not others. I can from linux machines mount all the NFS servers/shares.

The difference is that NFS servers on virtual interfaces are not listed.

I'd like to see if I modify something to get Kodi to be able to list all of them.

When I try to add the video source from a virtual IP manually in Kodi via nfs://<server>/<share>, it won't accept it, but I can NFS mount the same source in linux via the mount command and see the shares on the virtual ip server using showmount. From the networks' point of view, both physical and virtual interfaces look the same. I'm wondering if there is some discovery directory service being used to locate the NFS servers that I could alter. I wonder if the redundant mac address causes Kodi to eliminate some servers from it's source list. Is there something in the algorithm utilizing DNS? Right now I'm only using IP addresses

showmount shows the shares available within a linux server, but I'm looking at how the list of IP of all servers are populated to the browser. In this setup I'm using only IP addresses, but also need to make sure this works with hostnames.

If you are not familiar with virtual interfaces, eth0 would be a physical interface, and eth0:1 would be the virtual interface.
We use libnfs for anything related to nfs. The function for listing all servers is this one. https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/blob/...fs.h#L1761 - you may ask the developer of libnfs what needs to be there for finding a server...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
this might also be interesting:

https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/blob/...nc.c#L1866

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How Kodi browses for NFS servers?0