v17 Channel Manager Order File / Folder Location
I'm taking my initial forays into implementing Live Streaming IPTV into my Kodi system, and would like to know where the changes made by the Kodi Channel Manager (under Live TV / General / Channels) are stored.

Based on what I've found, the custom channel order is, apparently, NOT stored in either the TV29.db or EPG11.db files.

Does ANYBODY know where it's stored, so that it can backed up / copied to other boxes? I've searched, and, thus far, have had no luck in getting this question answered.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
I'm looking for same info. How can I manually change channel groups and orders in my TV Guide? Using default channel manager in kodi is useless :/

rgds
What backends do you use?

I would suggest using the backend for channel management if possible. That way you have to configure (and backup) everything once and clients can just pull it in from the server.
i'm using just iptv simple client. tried to play with tvheadend on my synology nas, but gave up :/
So we still dont know where you are pulling the channels from, but in this case chances are not much is being stored client side aside from tv logo’s maybe. No use backing those up tbh
(2017-09-16, 06:20)RobbieWilkes Wrote: I'm taking my initial forays into implementing Live Streaming IPTV into my Kodi system, and would like to know where the changes made by the Kodi Channel Manager (under Live TV / General / Channels) are stored.

Based on what I've found, the custom channel order is, apparently, NOT stored in either the TV29.db or EPG11.db files.

Does ANYBODY know where it's stored, so that it can backed up / copied to other boxes? I've searched, and, thus far, have had no luck in getting this question answered.

Did you ever find a answer to your question? If so, where is it located?
(2020-04-12, 19:37)StanTek Wrote:
(2017-09-16, 06:20)RobbieWilkes Wrote: I'm taking my initial forays into implementing Live Streaming IPTV into my Kodi system, and would like to know where the changes made by the Kodi Channel Manager (under Live TV / General / Channels) are stored.

Did you ever find a answer to your question? If so, where is it located?
I use IPTV MERGE to do this.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340691

Set up IPTV Merge first. You can order your channels by assigning numbers (1,2,3…). to channels.
Then store the epg.xml and playlist.m3u file that IPTV merge generates locally by running a manual merge.

Then got to your PVR settings, in my case IPTV Simple PVR and choose for the m3u channel playlist and the xmlTv epg the locally stored files from IPTV merge.

After that in Kodi Settings “PVR& LiveTV” enable
“use channel numbers from backend.”

Works for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel Manager Order File / Folder Location0