Solved Screen resize when tv powered off
I was trying to fix this issue from the Windows side, as it effects more than Kodi, but the fix which I've used in the past (regedit - I'll post link below) is not working on my new computer. I think it could be solved as well from the Kodi side. I have a Intel NUC plugged into my receiver then to my TV. If I power off the TV my resolution in Windows drops from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 - I know because when I turn it all back on, I have a few windows (Chrome, Kodi) which don't bounce back to the larger resolution. In 18 I have to quit Kodi to get it back to full res, trying to resize the screen does not work in 18, the application is showing the lower resolution and I can't see the menus correctly. In 17.4 I can go into the settings and switch from Windowed mode to full screen and it goes back, but it does show it as 1920x1080 before I do that.

The fix I mentioned working in the last 4-5 Windows 7 installs on other hardware and 2 twice with the current machine (was waiting on a new m2 drive so did a reinstall) on Windows 10 but now I can't get to work, and I did a reinstall and for the first time in my life actually contacted Microsoft about it -

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...6aa?auth=1

Hope that makes sense.

Edit: to add, just in case you go to ask, it still happens if I plug directly into the TV and bypass the receiver. Connected over hdmi.
Same happens to me... I push sleep button before turning off the reciever but my wife never remembers so... would be nice with a fix for this
Quote:If I power off the TV my resolution in Windows drops

There are quite a few messages regarding this issue in one form or another, and it's made it to this wiki Displays (wiki) check the pin#19 fix. and here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158432 this is all part and parcel to HDCP https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandw...Protection
I just found that turning OFF Use Fullscreen Window has helped. Interesting. Thanks for the info guys
(2017-09-16, 07:41)gribbler Wrote: I was trying to fix this issue from the Windows side, as it effects more than Kodi, but the fix which I've used in the past (regedit - I'll post link below) is not working on my new computer. I think it could be solved as well from the Kodi side. I have a Intel NUC plugged into my receiver then to my TV. If I power off the TV my resolution in Windows drops from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 - I know because when I turn it all back on, I have a few windows (Chrome, Kodi) which don't bounce back to the larger resolution. In 18 I have to quit Kodi to get it back to full res, trying to resize the screen does not work in 18, the application is showing the lower resolution and I can't see the menus correctly. In 17.4 I can go into the settings and switch from Windowed mode to full screen and it goes back, but it does show it as 1920x1080 before I do that.

The fix I mentioned working in the last 4-5 Windows 7 installs on other hardware and 2 twice with the current machine (was waiting on a new m2 drive so did a reinstall) on Windows 10 but now I can't get to work, and I did a reinstall and for the first time in my life actually contacted Microsoft about it -

Hope that makes sense.

Edit: to add, just in case you go to ask, it still happens if I plug directly into the TV and bypass the receiver. Connected over hdmi.
(2017-09-16, 07:41)gribbler Wrote: I was trying to fix this issue from the Windows side, as it effects more than Kodi, but the fix which I've used in the past (regedit - I'll post link below) is not working on my new computer. I think it could be solved as well from the Kodi side. I have a Intel NUC plugged into my receiver then to my TV. If I power off the TV my resolution in Windows drops from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 - I know because when I turn it all back on, I have a few windows (Chrome, Kodi) which don't bounce back to the larger resolution. In 18 I have to quit Kodi to get it back to full res, trying to resize the screen does not work in 18, the application is showing the lower resolution and I can't see the menus correctly. In 17.4 I can go into the settings and switch from Windowed mode to full screen and it goes back, but it does show it as 1920x1080 before I do that.

Hope that makes sense.

The following 2 solutions worked for me:
1.  tape over pin 19.  I used a black electric tape which worked but the tape worn off after unplug it twice.
2.  unplug the HDMI cable from NUC, wait for 5 seconds and plug it back in.
It appears both respondents in this thread have found work-rounds and the thread is marked solved. This is an ongoing issue which post #3 alludes to HDCP  but does not mean this works for all circumstances. Start a new thread if needed with the specifics of your hardware and include a debug log should this issue and all work-rounds don't.

Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen resize when tv powered off0