• 3(current)
Near 100% CPU in fullscreen
Tried Warsow and it does use 100% CPU, but it does on my other box with a 6200 in it too.
tslayer Wrote:Topfs2, I thought it was vsync too, but I'm pretty sure I have it enabled as well. I also have an 8600GT.

FYI, it uses one core at 100%. Not both.

topfs2 Wrote:Sounds like vsync issue.

I have 8800gts and 5600fx, never 100% nor the issue slight is having :S

But slight which programs have you tried that are more advanced and uses shaders?
Warsow, Nexquiz, Saurbraten or ET:QW?
The 3 first are free and should be available in repo and might prove if it's driver related? Still games tend too use up all cpu

Thx
I must excuse myself, I have the problem aswell Smile

I've too double checked and the applet tells me I have vsync on and such but I still believe it might be related somehow as video does bring the percentage down, anyone sure vsync work as intended on 8xxx series?

100% on one core applies seeing as XBMC only uses one thread for the rendering, and without vsync it prob. goes wild Smile might be applet that cannot do vsync well, anyone tried it with xorg.conf?
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I appear to have 100% on both cores using an SVN from last night. This did NOT use to be a problem and in fact was fixed at one time Sad
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Has anyone got any further with this issue?

I've tried all the suggested methods above, I'm certain that Vsync is enabled everywhere it can be.

Could someone with an 8600GT or similar that DOESN'T have the problem post there xorg.conf - I'd really like to compare.

Thanks
I am experiencing the same problem with a 8400GS card.

It only happens in fullscreen mode, I am using the build from 05/11/08 and the latest nvidia drivers - 169.12.

It is not a huge deal as videos work fine and use less cpu (on average) than XBMC does when idling.
I think I've finally worked out why this was happening, for me at least.

Basically the vsync option in XBMC wasn't working (haven't tried recent builds), and although I thought I had the nVidia driver syncing, it wasn't.

So I have a little 'script' to launch XBMC like so:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
export set __GL_SYNC_DISPLAY_DEVICE=DFP-0
export set __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=1
export set XBMC_HOME="/home/tolan/bin/XBMC/BUILD/";
cd /home/tolan/bin/XBMC/BUILD/;
./XboxMediaCenter -fs -q &

You only need the "export set __GL_SYNC_DISPLAY_DEVICE=DFP-0" part if you're running multiple displays. Replace "DFP-0" with the X device that you actually watch on (I have a second little LCD panel on my media centre pc so I don't have to turn my projector on just to change music or whatever)
Now running XBMC with __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=1.

One core is still at 100% CPU when xbmc is in fullscreenSad
NOW: AppleTV+CrystalHD PREVIOUS: HTPC and XBOX (both loudly running XBMC)
Hi,

One thing that worked for me, Open Nvidia x server settings, go to Open gl settings, uncheck the box called "Allow flipping"(or similar).

No idea what it means, or if it´s bad... But it could be worth a try.
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
I don't have 100% CPU in Fullscreen, 'only' ~5%.

Machine:
AMD 3200+
Nvidia 6200 AGP
2GB

Ubuntu 8.04 Server
Xorg
XBMC from PPA Repro

I start Xorg (with nvidia module) and XBMC with a startscript. I did not use any WM or DM; maybe thats the problem?
yellowman Wrote:One thing that worked for me, Open Nvidia x server settings, go to Open gl settings, uncheck the box called "Allow flipping"(or similar).

This worked like a charm. I have edited my .nvidia-settings-rc file to read:
Code:
0/AllowFlipping=0

After some googling, it appears you can also add the following to your device section in your xorg.conf

Code:
Option "NoFlip" "1"

Thank You!
NOW: AppleTV+CrystalHD PREVIOUS: HTPC and XBOX (both loudly running XBMC)
Code:
Option "NoFlip" "1"

Worked for me! Thanks for finding this, its been driving me nuts! Big Grin
Hi,
I've got the same problem with XBMC svn (from ppa repository) and Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE. I tried both VBLANK variable and NoFlip Option, but my CPU still remains near to 100%. Can Someone help me, maybe pasting their xorg.conf file? I don't use DM, I just start XBMC using "xinit xbmc".

Many thanks,
Scido
Here's my device section. But I have an 8600 card:

Section "Device"
Identifier "nVidia Corporation NVIDIA Default Card"
Driver "nvidia"
Option "DynamicTwinView" "false"
Option "AddARGBVisuals" "True"
Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
Option "NoLogo" "True"
Option "CoolBits" "1"
Option "NoFlip" "1"
Busid "PCI:2:00:0"
EndSection
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks tslayer for your reply.

I try to paste your xorg.conf section, but nothing changes.
Can you help me to find the source of the problem? I checked the log and it seems that everything is fine. I really don't know where look at.

Thank you,
Scido
OK, I resolved!!!!
I just had to cancel the /etc/asound.conf file, created when I installed pulseaudio in gutsy. Now everything works very very well!!!

Thanks,
Bye

Scido
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Near 100% CPU in fullscreen1