Touchscreen calibration with Kodi
Hi,
I'm trying to set up a faytech 10" Capacitive Touchscreen (eGalax Touchscreen) with my RaspberryPi 3B running Kodi. The touchscreen is connected via HDMI and USB. Touch functionality seems to be supported out of the box, but the scaling seems to be wrong, touch is only recognized in a small area in the top left corner of the screen.

Now, I've googled this issue the last 10 hours and tried every solution I could find ranging from calibrating with xinput_calibrator (when using Kodi with Raspbian) or a modified version of ts_calibrate combined with uimapper. I've tried different ways of using Kodi, ranging from LibreELEC, OSMC and running Kodi from a Raspbian OS. The problem persists with all of those. It seems to be a problem with Kodi itself, but even using the advancedsettings.xml to change scaling didnt work out.

I'd really like to avoid looking for other media centre software as Kodi looks like a great program! I'm grateful for any kind of advice since I'm really stuck here...
Try http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml#touchscreen

If that doesn't work post a debug log (wiki) to make sure your settings are entered correctly.
(2017-09-16, 16:33)Jevvels Wrote: but even using the advancedsettings.xml to change scaling didnt work out.

Edit:

Log file: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25548606/

All I've done here was start Kodi with logging enabled and used a few touch gestures like dragging, taping and such and then uploaded it.
After using an addon for libreelec, which allowed for a calibration using a new virtual input device, im back here, because it doesnt support any (multi) touch gestures. The person developing the addon said, that its possible to calibrate kodi within certain files apart from the advancedsettings.xml. I've managed to stretch the touch are to the whole screen, but detection gets worse the more right and lower the input is.
Hello, I have the same problem? Is there no solution?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Touchscreen calibration with Kodi0