Solved RPI 1B unable to keep up to 720P or 1080P
I have a Raspberry Pi 1B running Kodi 17 + LibreElec, with the MythTV PVR add-on. The backend is MythTV on Ubuntu 16.04.

In spite of what I believe I read about the 1-series Pi being able to display HD, my Pi will display old (analog) shows (almost) properly, but does not display 720P content or 1080P content at all. Watching the content on the backend machine works perfectly, so the problem is not with the source material. The Pi and the backend are hard-connected through a 10/100/1000 switch.

Does someone have advice on which of the newer Pi models will be sufficient for watching 1080P content?

P.S. Even the analog shows will sometimes stutter, and get out of sync (audio and video not synchronized) with the analog (16:9) content, when using the 1B.
Have you purchased and activated the mpeg2 codec?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No. How do I do that?

Sorry, I googled it, and found the RPi store. Thanks for the hint.
http://www.raspberrypi.com/mpeg-2-license-key/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Works like a charm. Thank you!!
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPI 1B unable to keep up to 720P or 1080P0