Android Issue scanning and scrapping Anime
Hi everyone!

First excuse my English, as it's not my mother language.

I'm new to Kodi, and I'm having trouble configuring it. I have it installed on my nVIDIA Shield ATV, and I have all the content on a NAS.

I'm using the Xonfluence skin mod, as it allows me to customize the main menu and add own menus, like the Anime. Also, I have this Anime menu configured to show a smart playlist, with the "Path-contains-Anime" filter, so that it only shows my Anime series on the "Anime" folder of the NAS.

However I'm having issues when it comes to scanning and scraping my Anime shows.

1) Regardless of the scraper that I use, for the Anime series with several seasons, it only shows me the 1st season, and after several scans I manage to show some more, but I can not get it to recognize all of them.

2) Another issue I have with The Movie Database, is that some titles appear with strange symbols totally illegible.

These issues do not happen to me on Plex. I am also using the scrapper of "The Movie Database", and recognizes all the Anime series and all their seasons to the first and without problems, with their fanart and everything. However, I have decided to change into Kodi, because the Plex player is quite slower, it is giving me some problems with some subtitles which do not happen with Kodi, and in addition Kodi is much more customizable.

This is the folder/subfolder structure I have (Dragon Ball as an example, but the issue occurs with any Anime show with several seasons):
Kodi - Video files menu: Everything OK inside the Dragon Ball folder
watch gallery

This is the issue:
Kodi - Smart Playlist: Only display 3 seasons instead of the 7 seasons of Dragon Ball
watch gallery

Evidence that this issue doesn't happen in Plex:
Plex - Anime: Everything OK inside the Dragon Ball section.
watch gallery

Please note that both Plex and Kodi sources are the same on the NAS.

I have tried all scrappers and their options, but these issues keep happening. Can someone help me?

Thank you very much for your attention. I look forward to your response.

Kind regards!
The images are a good start. What is more important are images of your file structure, so we can see how you have named and saved the shows.

If you simply pointed Kodi to your files that have been named for Plex, then yes there will be problems as Plex uses a slightly different naming system.

Also if you could provide a debug log, that captures an Library Update, that will be helpful also. See my signature for instructions using Basic Method.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen,

Thank you very much for your answer Smile

I can't access the nVIDIA Shield ATV right now, but I will upload the URL of the logfile as soon as I can. If I have understood well the tutorial, all I have to do is: Download the "Debug log uploader" add-on, enable debug logging, restart, update the Anime folder and finally upload the debug log with the "Kodi Logfile Uploader" add-on, then tell you the logfile's URL. Is this right?

The Anime folder on the NAS has 1 folder per show. Each of those show's folders have a "Season XX" folder per season. These last "Season" folders have the episodes of each season. The video files use to be ".mkv", but I have several ".mp4" too.

Like this: smb://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/Folder/Folder/Anime/Dragon Ball/Season 07 - Saga El 23º Tenkaichi Budokai/Dragon Ball - s07e133 - El reencuentro.mkv

Screenshot:
watch gallery
I can't upload a debug log because the "Kodi Logfile Uploader" is failing, it returns an error message saying that it can't connect to server...
You can upload the log manually. Here is an extract from the guide on how to do that...

6. Upload the results
The log file is named kodi.log and it is located in the C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi directory.
You must locate this log file and copy it's contents to a pastebin type site as follows:
  1. Navigate to the \kodi directory as described in Step 2, and locate the file named kodi.log
  2. Open the file with Notepad and copy all the contents of the document
  3. Locate a Pastebin type site. Two examples are https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/
  4. Paste the contents of the kodi.log file
  5. Press Paste or Generate or Create New Paste
  6. When the screen refreshes with your paste, copy the entire address in the address bar and paste it into a new message in your thread

Thanks for the image of folder view. But I will need to see another season as I believe your naming becomes different in subsequent seasons
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi!

I apologize for the huge delay in answering, I have had a few weeks of hard work and last week I was away from home, so it has been impossible to do tests with Kodi to be able to answer.

All series and seasons have been renamed with the "Advance Renamer" program and have exactly the same name format.

I leave the screenshot of the following season, I think the format is identical:

I have uploaded the created logfile when updating the collection, I hope it is correct and I have not skipped any steps:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/25705526

Please note that the Kodi is installed on an nVIDIA Shield Android TV, not on a PC, so I can not do the same things as on a PC.

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards!
I haven't looked through the log file yet as I tried searching your TV Show first. Could you provide the link to your tv show at the scraper site. I have an idea you may have named your files with the wrong show.
My Signature
Kerellen, these are the links of the tv show at the scraper sites:
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/12609-dragon-ball/seasons
https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=76666&lid=16

I'm using "The Movie Database" agent in Plex with no issues. I can't figured out why it's not working aswell in Kodi.

Thank you very much for your help!
Hi ufychsormeer,

Thanks for the links and images.

I am looking at your image in post #6. I see your file structure and naming technique.

Can you please provide the link to episode Dragon Ball - s02e028 - La final.mkv at the scraper site.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue scanning and scrapping Anime0