Android Music scraping not working
Hi everyone!

First excuse my English, as it's not my mother language.

I'm new to Kodi, and I'm having trouble configuring it. I have it installed on my nVIDIA Shield ATV, and I have all the content on a NAS. I'm using the Xonfluence skin mod, as it allows me to customize the main menu and add own menu items.

I'm having an issue when it comes to scraping my "Music" folder. Regardless of the scraper that I use, after scraping no artwork and information of both artists and albums are displayed in the Music menu. Sometimes after re-scan some artists' artwork do appears, but still no albums' artwork. I can get albums' artwork by manually updating each of them, but there are too many to update them all one by one. As far as I know, the scanning is OK, I don't miss any artist or album. Seems to be an issue regarding the scraping...

The Music folder on the NAS has 1 folder per artist. Each of those "artist" folders have an "Album" folder per album. These last "Album" folders have the songs of each album. All files are MP3. ID3 tags edited with "ID3-TagIT 3.3". Most of the MP3 files have ID3 tag v2.4 and some v2.2.

Like this: smb://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/Folder/Folder/Music/1349/1349 - 2005 - Hellfire/1349 - 2005 - Hellfire - 03 - Sculptor Of Flesh.mp3
watch gallery

The music source for both Kodi and Plex is the same folder on the NAS. On Plex I use Last.fm scrapper, and it does recognise and scrapp everything to the first and without problems, with their fanart and everything.

Kodi - Artists display after scraping:
watch gallery

Kodi - Albums display after scraping:
watch gallery

Plex - Artists display after scraping:
watch gallery

Plex - Albums display after scraping:
watch gallery

I can't upload a debug log because the "Kodi Logfile Uploader" is failing, it returns an error message saying that it can't connect to server...

Can anyone help me solving this issue?

Thank you very much for your attention. I look forward to your response.

Kind regards!
What version of Kodi you are using?

For various reasons "Fetch online information on update" setting is disabled by default in some. This means that art does not magically appear when you add music. Instead you need to choose "query info for all itmes" from the context menu when within the albums node, and similar for the artists node.

Also the servers that provide the art are sometimes overloaded and do not reply, so you may need to repeat this to fill in the gaps.
Hi!

I apologize for the huge delay in answering, I have had a few weeks of hard work and last week I was away from home, so it has been impossible to do tests with Kodi to be able to answer.

I'm using the Xonfluence skin mod on Kodi v17.4 - Krypton. Please note that Kodi is installed on an nVIDIA Shield Android TV, not on a PC, so I can not do the same things as on a PC.

I have used the "query info for all itmes" option several times for both artists and albums, and trying with different scrapers:

I have uploaded the created logfile when updating the collection, I hope it is correct and I have not skipped any steps:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/25713174

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards!
Log uploaded OK, but it is showing a library update scan - nothing new has been added, the music files have not changed so nothing is scanned. All as expected. Update library is not going to fetch art.

You have used "Query for all" from within both artists and albums nodes, yet not gained any art?

I recommend using Universal Artist/Album scapers (the default). If you have been trying to set different scrapers from the context menu this may have confused things.

Best I can suggest is that you get another debug log while doing "Query for all" from the albums node and let me see that.
You can follow this guide on how to scrape music... http://kodi.wiki/view/Scraping_Music
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
DaveBlake, I have uploaded the created logfile when used "Query for all"http://paste.ubuntu.com/25725848/. Hope this can tell you something about what the issue.

Karellen, thank you a lot for the link. That's one of the guides I follow trying to add my music collection to Kodi. I have read it again, but I don't realize what I can be doing wrong :S

Thank you very much for your help!
Ahg, just typed a long detailed response and lost it Sad
The log shows me that the Universal Artist Scraper attempted to find info and art for 14 artist, so I assume it thinks it has successfully fetched the rest (although may not have found art).

The scraper fails for various reasons e.g. "Ever eve" is not known to Musicbrainz (a typo in tags?), and tagging as failed to split some e.g. leaving "Lana Lane & Erik Norlander" as a single artist.  A few others it simply does not find art e.g. "Erben Der Schöpfung"

I think the issue is just some messy tagging, and that LastFM (where Plex looks) has art that Allmusic and Fanart.tv (the places Kodi can look for art) does not have.

Are you still missing album art? Maybe provide a debug log of "Query for all" for albums, it could tell me something.
You said

Quote: I can get albums' artwork by manually updating each of them
I assume you mean from the Get Thumbs button on the Albums Info dialog?

That is interesting, it implies that while the scaper was successful and found possible art it did not make any one of them the current art. I am not sure why that would happen.
I have uploaded the created logfile when used "Query for all albums" of Scorpions band: http://paste.ubuntu.com/25751893/

Quote:I think the issue is just some messy tagging, and that LastFM (where Plex looks) has art that Allmusic and Fanart.tv (the places Kodi can look for art) does not have.
This could be the issue for some artists, but artist and albums artwork for a very famous band like Scorpions are still missing, even after used "Query for all albums"

Quote:I can get albums' artwork by manually updating each of them
On the context menu of an album, I choose "information", and I select the option "update" on the album's window, so I can type the name of the album and receive a list of albums, where I can manually choose the right album.

Quote:That is interesting, it implies that while the scaper was successful and found possible art it did not make any one of them the current art. I am not sure why that would happen.
Yes, I think this is exactly what is happening, but I don't know why, nor how to fix this :S
Log of album scraping was interesting, lots of errors Smile
For some reason it is trying to use the Universal Artist Scraper to fetch album information, and unsurprisingly fails. Hence no infomation or art for any of those albums.  

I must admit I didn't think it was possible to assign a scraper for a different content, but that seems to be what has happened. I'm not sure if it has happened in default settings, or been written into the library. A very original error!

First inspect your settings and see what music scapers you have set as the defaults. Go to the settings menu Settings>Media>Music and ensure that
"default provider abum information" = Universal Album Scraper
"default provider artist information" = Universal Artist Scraper

Where they both artist?
If they were then because scraping has been unsucessful before, with the right settings doing "Query Info For All" from the albums node should scape everything. See what happens, but get a log too.

However if they were already set correctly then the issue is also in the library. To change that is a little more tricky especially with Kodi on an Android device. I would edit the db directly, but I doubt that you have the knowledge or tools to do that. The only opion therefore is to remove the music source(s), and do a full library clean (from settings>Media>Library), and then add your music sources a fresh. Then do "Query Info For All" from the albums node again (with debug logging on).
Save
Maybe we move forwards? Let me know how it goes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music scraping not working0