Solved Problems setting up MySQL (again)
I use OpenElec on a pair of RPi2's. I was running OpenElec v8.0.4 (kodi v17.x). I had MySQL setup and working, but I wasn't happy with OE 8.0.4 and decided to roll back to 7.0.1 (kodi 16.x).

I've been trying to re-setup the MySQL, but for some reason the advancesettings.xml file is causing me issues.

Prior to putting the advancesettings.xml file on the pi, I can browse to the network shares and access my media content. I can see the movies and TV shows in the main menu (I'm using the default theme, Confluence). But as soon as I put the advancesettings.xml file on the pi and reboot, the movies and TV shows disappear from the main menu, and I am no longer able to browse the network share. I receive "Error 2: Share not available", or something similar. If I remove the file, I can once again see my network shares.

The advancesettings.xml file is the exact file that I was using when I was using kodi v17.x. Nothing has changed in the file. I can log into my MySQL DB with the user and password that I have setup. There are no hidden characters in the file. I've reviewed the file a dozen times, and I just don't see anything wrong, or out of the ordinary. Is there something within kodi that I'm missing?

Thansk

Daryl
(2017-09-18, 14:28)rosede Wrote: I've reviewed the file a dozen times, and I just don't see anything wrong, or out of the ordinary.

I also reviewed your file and I don't see anything wrong either. No wait, that's because you didn't post anything useful to look at.

Post a link to your debug log (wiki).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-09-18, 14:35)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-09-18, 14:28)rosede Wrote: I've reviewed the file a dozen times, and I just don't see anything wrong, or out of the ordinary.

I also reviewed your file and I don't see anything wrong either. No wait, that's because you didn't post anything useful to look at.

Post a link to your debug log (wiki).

I do not see a way to attach a file. Is there a way to attache the advancesettings.xml file to this posting?

Daryl
Use a paste site (like pastebin.com) and include a link.
The debug log (wiki) will include the advancedsettings.
(2017-09-18, 14:50)popcornmix Wrote: Use a paste site (like pastebin.com) and include a link.
The debug log (wiki) will include the advancedsettings.

Thank you. I'll get it posted as quickly as possible.

Daryl
I was able to capture the debug logs as requested.

https://pastebin.com/HWf4yKqt

I did a quick reading and saw several errors about unable to create new database, and unable to open database. That's curious. First thing that I did before posting a question was to verify that I can access the DB from the pi. I'm able to telnet to the DB via port 3306. The user ID and password both work. I verified that before posting. The only thing different is the version of kodi that I'm using.

Line 2173 is where I try to browse the network share and get "Error 2: No such file or directory".

Thank you.

Daryl
08:12:22 9.721422 T:1963843584 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic56 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.130' (101))

Have you enabled the 'Wait for network' option on your RPi devices in the OE Settings addon? Set the timeout value to 30 seconds.
(2017-09-18, 21:12)Klojum Wrote: 08:12:22 9.721422 T:1963843584 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic56 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.130' (101))

Have you enabled the 'Wait for network' option on your RPi devices in the OE Settings addon? Set the timeout value to 30 seconds.

No, I currently don't have "wait for network" enabled. However, even if I did, that wouldn't cause the error on line 2173 when I try to browse the network share. I'm able to see my NPR server and watch TV, so I know the network is running when I try to browse the network shares.

Are there two separate issues?

I'll enable "wait for network" at my first opportunity and post back.

Thanks

Daryl
(2017-09-18, 21:26)rosede Wrote: Are there two separate issues?

Thanks

Daryl

Yes.

You don't have a working network for the first 18.5 seconds after Kodi starts, which is why your MySQL access is failing leaving you without any Movie or Music database. Your thumbnail path substitution is also failing, probably for the same reason, although if your intention is to share thumbnails I really would advise you not do this.

As for your smb issue in 2173, it's difficult to say as there's not really much information - no path etc. What file or server was being accessed? Does the server support SMB1/NT1 as this is all Kodi 16.1 will support. Is the path/source present in the sources.xml file (it must be for Kodi to access it).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-09-18, 22:14)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-09-18, 21:26)rosede Wrote: Are there two separate issues?

Thanks

Daryl

Yes.

You don't have a working network for the first 18.5 seconds after Kodi starts, which is why your MySQL access is failing leaving you without any Movie or Music database. Your thumbnail path substitution is also failing, probably for the same reason, although if your intention is to share thumbnails I really would advise you not do this.

As for your smb issue in 2173, it's difficult to say as there's not really much information - no path etc. What file or server was being accessed? Does the server support SMB1/NT1 as this is all Kodi 16.1 will support. Is the path/source present in the sources.xml file (it must be for Kodi to access it).

I found the thumbnail path substation idea on another site somewhere. I don't have to do that, it just seemed like a good idea at the time when I was originally standing all of this up. I have since removed the path substation, but that didn't make a difference.

I've confirmed that it isn't a network issue. Kodi is creating databases and tables. I blew away the databases that were in MySQL, I then removed the advancedsettings.xml from the pi, rebooted (to make sure I had a clean slate to work with). I put the advancedsettings.xml file back on the pi, rebooted and Kodi recreated the databases and tables. However, the Movies and TV Shows do not appear on the main menu, and I once again cannot browse the network shares. And since I can't browse the network shares, I can't import the video information to populate the database.

The server does support SMB1, but I don't think that is the issue. If it was the issue, I wouldn't be able to browse the network share with or without the advancedsettings.xml file. That sources.xml file was created when the advancedsettings.xml WAS NOT present on the pi.

Any additional thoughts?

Thanks

Daryl
You absolutely do have network issues, at least in the log you posted - look at all the curl errors due to hostname resolution failures, which suggests either no working internet or (more likely, since you also cannot connect to MySQL) no working LAN connection.
(2017-09-19, 09:01)Milhouse Wrote: You absolutely do have network issues, at least in the log you posted - look at all the curl errors due to hostname resolution failures, which suggests either no working internet or (more likely, since you also cannot connect to MySQL) no working LAN connection.

Millhouse,

I owe you and Klojum an apology. The network was an issue.

I finally had the opportunity to do some full testing, and as soon as I enabled "wait for network", I was able to the advancedsettings.xml to work. When I was using OE 8.0.4 that wasn't an issue, but as soon as I rolled back to OE 7.0.1 that became an issue.

Thank you very much for your help.

Daryl
No problem, thanks for letting us know. I guess this thread can be marked "solved"? Smile
(2017-09-20, 15:32)Milhouse Wrote: No problem, thanks for letting us know. I guess this thread can be marked "solved"? Smile

Yes it can be, but I don't see a way to do so. I'm sure its easy to do, and I'm probably just over looking a setting, but I just don't see a way to mark "Solved".

Daryl
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems setting up MySQL (again)0