Can't switch channel to channel outside of group
Not sure if this is intended behaviour or a bug maybe @ksooo can shed some light on it. So I'm in channel group Sports i tune to a channel 409 and wait a few seconds then i type 101 to go to channel 101 which is in channel group Entertainment but nothing happens. Seems i can only switch a channel within the Sports group using the numbers on my remote. Expected behaviour would be to tune any channel once that channel number is input
Here's a log not sure it's needed https://paste.ee/r/gr2JQ around line 3894 is when i tune to the channel
(2017-09-18, 22:22)komplex Wrote: Not sure if this is intended behaviour or a bug maybe @ksooo can shed some light on it. So I'm in channel group Sports i tune to a channel 409 and wait a few seconds then i type 101 to go to channel 101 which is in channel group Entertainment but nothing happens. Seems i can only switch a channel within the Sports group using the numbers on my remote. Expected behaviour would be to tune any channel once that channel number is input
Here's a log not sure it's needed https://paste.ee/r/gr2JQ around line 3894 is when i tune to the channel

This is intended behavior as channel numbers are not unique across channel groups.
So it's not using the channel numbers from the backend it's using something else?
It depends. This can be configured in the "PVR & Live TV" Kodi settings.
These settings?

That is what made me think it was using the numbers i set in the backend, i mean it does use them if i am in a channel group but not for switching to channels outside of a group
direct channel number input does only switch to channels that are in the currently active group, yes.

This could work different, but it doesn't. No matter if you check "use backend channel numbers". Sorry if this part caused confusion.
Thanks for clearing it up Smile Guess i was just hoping for it to work similar to a satellite or cable box where you input the channel and it goes to that channel regardless if group you are in
Does this now fix this? If so thank you  Tongue
Yep, it does. I felt like I had to implement this. [emoji11]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't switch channel to channel outside of group0