Handling Non-Standard Editions and More?
[TLDR; New to Organizing with Scrapers, Need Help with Weird Stuff!]

So...I've been putting off organizing my large media collection with a decent scraper for years...manually handling everything because I couldn't decide on what the best tool for the job was. I've finally given up and just went with TMM.

In sorting through my movies, I've found that TMM handles many of my initial concerns, such as maintaining Uncut/Unrated/Director's Cut/Special Edition when renaming or sorting into collections that Kodi/XBMC understands. Things like Star Wars Original vs Special Edition, Dune Extended vs Theatrical, or Blade Runner Original vs Director's Cut can all live side by side just fine in the file structure. I've also been able to also work through certain aspects it doesn't support, such as Expanded Universes like the MCU, Disney Films, or Universal Studios Monsters.

Now, I'm getting to the last leg of organizing everything and I'm finding a few pain points that I can't quite work out...
* Remastered Versions. Ex. Twin Peaks - Fire Walk with Me or King Kong (1933)
* English Dubbed versions of Foreign Language Films. Ex. The Nameless, District 13, Dogtooth, Attack on Titan, Dead Snow, Timecrimes, or any Godzilla Movie...
* Colorized (or Decolorized) versions of Films. Ex. The Mist - Director's Cut Black and White, Night of the Living Dead (1968) Color
* Abnormal Editions of Films. Ex. The Exorcist [The Version You've Never Seen], Superman II [The Richard Donner Cut], Rampage [William Friedkin's Original Cut], Pledge This! [Naughty Version], Blade Runner [Final Cut], Alexander [Revisited - The Final Cut], Watchmen [Ultimate Cut], Johnny Mnemonic [Japanese Cut], Dune [The Alternative Edition V.2], Apocalypse Now [Redux]
* Different Cuts of Same Standard Film. Ex. Werewolf of London (1935), or Star Wars LaserDisc Cut vs VHS Cut, Godzilla Japan Release vs US Release.
* Having Normal and 3D Films Side by Side. Ex. Jupiter Ascending. Guardians of the Galaxy, Friday the 13th Part III

Thanks to anyone who can shed input here!! I know this might go a bit beyond TMM and more about understanding Kodi/XBMC standards better...so I might post it in a different forum section; but I think the basic issue is just how do I use my Media Manager of choice with these situations.
I'm simply editing title for such movies after scraping normally, and then make it rename the path with the edited title: e.g. Alien³ (Assembly Cut), Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Skynet Edition), Mad Max: Fury Road (Black & Chrome Edition), etc.
What I do: If there's something missing like "4K remastered" I create a tag for that. Everything that can't be stored in TMM is put in tags here. Kodi and TMM both work perfect with tags.

Whats missing in TMM to make it really perfect: The "multiple edit selected movies/epsisodes" dialog needs to include the editions. With that enhancement one could do the following whenever a new edition is available in TMMs dropdown listbox:

Consider the value "4K remastered" is official supported by TMMs dialogs:

* Filter by tag "4K remastered"
* Multiple edit all matching movies/episodes
* Set edition to the "4K remastered"
* Remove tag "4K remastered"

I do have lots of tags and love them. From "Dubbed" to "4K remastered" to "LaserDisc Cut" everything works like a charm.
(2017-09-19, 09:46)baer678 Wrote: What I do: If there's something missing like "4K remastered" I create a tag for that. Everything that can't be stored in TMM is put in tags here. Kodi and TMM both work perfect with tags.

Whats missing in TMM to make it really perfect: The "multiple edit selected movies/epsisodes" dialog needs to include the editions. With that enhancement one could do the following whenever a new edition is available in TMMs dropdown listbox:

Consider the value "4K remastered" is official supported by TMMs dialogs:

* Filter by tag "4K remastered"
* Multiple edit all matching movies/episodes
* Set edition to the "4K remastered"
* Remove tag "4K remastered"

I do have lots of tags and love them. From "Dubbed" to "4K remastered" to "LaserDisc Cut" everything works like a charm.

Yup tagging is great. There can be limitations from the developer point, on how many editions or version they can add by default. Tagging lets you create whatever way you want to organize your media.
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

Thanks all! Looking into it, Tagging is the way to go! Thus far, this has solved all my sorting issues.

For 3D Films, I've made this adjustment to my naming to make the separation.
Folder Name: {$N\}$T { - $U }{- $3 }($Y)
File Name: $T { - $U }($Y) $V $A{ $3}

For everything else, I adjust my naming to the following before scraping specific films. Then revert the naming when specific films are done.
{$N\}$T { - $U }{- $K }{- $3 }($Y)
$T { - $U }{- $K }($Y) $V $A{ $3}

Using Tags such as the following...
Remastered
English Dub
Colorized
Alternative Cut
Original Cut

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Handling Non-Standard Editions and More?0