HEIF Format Support?
Let me ask the other way around; why would i put it in core when it can be an add-onHuh
Hello, anyone else have all their HEIC photos from their iPhones all blue and yellow in Kodi? Definately colour inbalances still :|
(2018-10-25, 20:07)spiff Wrote: Let me ask the other way around; why would i put it in core when it can be an add-onHuh
 Hello, any idea why all the faces are blue when viewed within Kodi but perfectly alright when I view on my laptop?
Sounds like color space issues. Gimme a sample
Sorry for the delay, I've loads of samples, is there somewhere more private I can upload/send some photos to?
Upload to here... https://uploadfiles.io/

PM the link to spiff.
My Signature
Links to : Forum rules (wiki) | Banned_Add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create_Music_Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki) || Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have an issue with some pictures stored in heic-format from an iPhone Xs.
All pictures are copied in heic format to the computer (using File explorer app).
I am runing Kodi on a Windows 10 PC, latest version. Microsofts HEIF decoder is installed.

All images are displayed correctly if i am using the Windows 10 foto app.
But some of them are causing a crash of Kodi if i am viewing them in Kodi.

Also copytrans is not able to convert those pictures into jpeg format.
I have not really an idea what is the difference between the pictures that work and those that don't.
When opening them in Gimp i am asked if i want to convert the embedded color profile.

Can i upload a sample somewhere? Or anyone an idea?
get me a sample, i'll look into it when i find the time.
Cool, would be fine.

I uploaded 3 of them here to my account:
MS-Onedrive Heic problem

The link is valid till end of September 2019.
Those pics causing a crash of Kodi (18.3 on Windows 10) when viewing.
Let me know wether you also need some samples that are working.

Thank you.
@spiff ^^
Got a Kodi problem? Provide us with a full Debug log (wiki) || Usefull pages: First time user (wiki) || Troubleshooting (wiki) || Free content (wiki) || Forum rules (wiki) || VPN policy (wiki)
IMG_3711.HEIC is actually an heif-image
the two others are .jpg files with a .heic extension. kodi relies on extensions, renaming them to .jpg makes them show.
(2019-08-20, 09:09)spiff Wrote: IMG_3711.HEIC is actually an heif-image
the two others are .jpg files with a .heic extension. kodi relies on extensions, renaming them to .jpg makes them show.

Ok thank you very much for checking. That is a bit strange what iphone xs is doing.
But maybe a wrong extension should not cause a crash of whole kodi, or?
I could not reproduce a crash. That is indeed unacceptable. Will dig deeper, can be a release build thing or the likes.
I've fixed the crash, caused by a wrong extension, in version 1.0.3 some time ago.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HEIF Format Support?00