Fullscreen
When I start xbmc it starts in windowed mode, and I can't seem to get it to start normally. Is there a way to either:
a) start in fullscreen mode
or
b) change Lircmap.xml to have a remote button switch to fullscreen, since I don't always want to have a keyboard plugged into the computer.
This has been answered before, This is taken from the README
Quote:The best way is to go into settings\Appearance\Screen and set Resolution
to the one with (Desktop) next to it. Toggle FS with the \ key while XBMC
is running. To start XBMC in fullscreen mode append a '-fs' to the command
line.

Pleaste read it and the online manual and search the forum before asking next time please Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Please search the forums this has be asked TWICE since the release of the alpha and numerous times before that.

Set you resolution in settings > appearance > screen to " XxY (Desktop)" where X and Y are you desktop resolution.

EDIT: Beat by topfs2 again!
-fs doesn't seem to work for me. I am using gnome autostart, so my config file looks like this:
(~/.config/autostart/xbmc.desktop)

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Xbox Media Center
GenericName=XboxMediaCenter
Exec=/opt/xbmc/XboxMediaCenter -fs
Type=Application
Encoding=UTF-8
Icon=/opt/xbmc/UserData/PictureIcon/Picon/tuxbox.png
Categories=GNOME;Application;AudioVideo;Audio;Video
X-AppInstall-Package=xbmc

I realize this is non-standard, which is why I didn't mention it. I assumed there was maybe a flag in an xml file that would trigger automatic fullscreen, and I thought someone might know where it was.
Do you not read? You don't need the flag if you set the default res to desktop...
Thank you. You have been a great help. Wonderful help. The BEST of help. You are a true ambassador of the xbmc project. I hope everyone who works on the project is as intelligent, patient and helpful as you are. You are the prototype that all humanity should be patterned after.
I'm sensing some sarcasm here... Smile
shamgar03 Wrote:-fs doesn't seem to work for me. I am using gnome autostart, so my config file looks like this:
(~/.config/autostart/xbmc.desktop)

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Xbox Media Center
GenericName=XboxMediaCenter
Exec=/opt/xbmc/XboxMediaCenter -fs
Type=Application
Encoding=UTF-8
Icon=/opt/xbmc/UserData/PictureIcon/Picon/tuxbox.png
Categories=GNOME;Application;AudioVideo;Audio;Video
X-AppInstall-Package=xbmc

I realize this is non-standard, which is why I didn't mention it. I assumed there was maybe a flag in an xml file that would trigger automatic fullscreen, and I thought someone might know where it was.

How do you mean doen't work, could you be more specific?

Does it skip out of fullscreen when you start a movie or is it just a big black window?
If the first then reread the readme and if the latter or anything else please be more specific Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Just a guess -- do you need quotes around the 'XboxMediaCenter -fs' ?
XBMC machine: ABIT AN-M2HD with nVidia 7050 onboard (Ubuntu Hardy + latest nVidia driver), AMD Athlon BE-2350, Microsoft MCE IR Remote, Logitech PS3 USB keyboard, 33w idle, 53w max, 720p plasma over HDMI
althekiller Wrote:Do you not read? You don't need the flag if you set the default res to desktop...

^^^^^^^^^^^ Set the resolution to Desktop.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fullscreen0