PVR-Plugin like Live Channels
Hello,

about a year ago I tried using Kodi on a Sony Bravia TV and wanted to use the Live TV-feature. Since I noticed you need a TVheadend backend and the performance was unsatisfactory I stopped my experiments and put it to the files under "proof of concept, don't use for production".

A few days ago I installed Google's app "Live channels". When you start the app, you get asked for permission for "read all TV listings on your device".

Is was wondering that "Live channels" can somehow integrate the sat channels and play them in this app.

So it seems technically possible to access somehow the tv streams from the dvb-s2-tuner in an Android app.

Is there some PVR-Plugin which does exactly this?

Thanks a lot!
(2017-09-20, 18:35)acontex Wrote: Hello,

about a year ago I tried using Kodi on a Sony Bravia TV and wanted to use the Live TV-feature. Since I noticed you need a TVheadend backend and the performance was unsatisfactory I stopped my experiments and put it to the files under "proof of concept, don't use for production".

A few days ago I installed Google's app "Live channels". When you start the app, you get asked for permission for "read all TV listings on your device".

Is was wondering that "Live channels" can somehow integrate the sat channels and play them in this app.

So it seems technically possible to access somehow the tv streams from the dvb-s2-tuner in an Android app.

Is there some PVR-Plugin which does exactly this?

Thanks a lot!

No, Kodi cannot access your TV's built in tuner, However Kodi does support external turners... For example HDHomerun is a great choice and value.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR-Plugin like Live Channels0