[Kodi 17 Krypton] Question about artwork and smart playlists
Hi! Have been using Kodi for years now but now my video collection is so big I need to arrange things in a different way and new problems are found.

I use smart playlist for my video collection to be in perfect order and they work perfectly BUT I have a very annoying problem with the artwork. If chose any of my smart playlist as the background image it shows fanart of its contents but it is sequential, not random. It always start from the same image and continues in order. I know I can make a folder with that playlist artworks and choose kodi to randomize itś contents but that way kodi doesn't put on screen the show/movie name and those nice things.

Is there a way to randomize smart playlist artwork?

Addendum: Can I make a second question? This is easier (or so I think). I have lots of HDD with my collection splitted and I have exported ALL the video data in those HDD. Each time I use Kodi having used that export option...it still takes the metadata from the Kodi install folder (haven't touched it) or it now takes the data from the HDDs? Wouldn't like by any means that all my HDDs are started each time I use kodi and move through the menus loading images.

Thank you loads in advance and sorry If my English isn't perfect, this is a bit technical and is not my native language.
(2017-09-20, 18:36)jorglodita Wrote: Addendum: Can I make a second question? This is easier (or so I think). I have lots of HDD with my collection splitted and I have exported ALL the video data in those HDD. Each time I use Kodi having used that export option...it still takes the metadata from the Kodi install folder (haven't touched it) or it now takes the data from the HDDs? Wouldn't like by any means that all my HDDs are started each time I use kodi and move through the menus loading images.

You created nfo files using the Export function. These are never used when navigating your library. Kodi still uses its database in the userdata folder. See here... http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Scraping_nfo_files
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 17 Krypton] Question about artwork and smart playlists0