Library not scanning updating tv show.
(2017-09-21, 12:50)jjd-uk Wrote: Can you explain in more detail what the strm files are for? might help if you posted the content of a couple of them for us to understand.

I ask as both the strm and iso/folder structure files are being scraped, but the iso and folder structure files are named incorrectly for any scraping to happen.

The strm files are pointers to the correct episode locations in the media files. I want to keep the original media - I am not looking to recode as mkv.
They scrape correctly , and play - they are not the problem .

I am using this method because it is easier than adding to the advancedsetting.xml file - and renaming the playlist files , which is the only other way to have a multi tv episode bluray set up to link to individual episodes.
(2017-09-21, 13:04)Karellen Wrote: In addition to what @jjd-uk said...

If you have the proper media files, then why are you using stream files to access the media files that are on the same exact drive?

see my response above.

something I am thinking of doing is put the media files in an iso and see if that helps , but that does not explain why 1 season will scrape and then be replaced by the next season when I do an update
In Files view check the content settings of the File folder for each season, since it's not the media files you want to scrape then make sure this is set to None.
(2017-09-21, 17:35)jjd-uk Wrote: In Files view check the content settings of the File folder for each season, since it's not the media files you want to scrape then make sure this is set to None.

is this done via the context menu ?
Yes there should be a Change Content option.
here us the debug log in one piece
https://paste.ubuntu.com/25591571/
Kodi does not recognise this "DOCTOR_WHO_S8_D4" as correct naming.

I HIGHLY recommend ripping the individual episodes to mkv with makemkv. You lose nothing except the highly annoying bluray menus, and naming is far easier.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-09-23, 04:55)nickr Wrote: Kodi does not recognise this "DOCTOR_WHO_S8_D4" as correct naming.

I HIGHLY recommend ripping the individual episodes to mkv with makemkv. You lose nothing except the highly annoying bluray menus, and naming is far easier.
Did not see your location before - fellow kiwi now living in Richmond Va , what is the reaction to the election result so far?

I have a NAS that is expandable and has a ton of space currently, so I dont need to worry that type of constraint. Hence I like keeping original format and when it works is not as much effort as transcoding.
what I decided to do was to redo my library , and put stuff in it when it was ready. I converted all media to iso , and put it in a files folder set so that it is not scanned ( question , if use I strm files, does the media need to be in the same path? or could I put the in some othr location in the NAS?) and rescraped . All seasons that I had prepared now are in the library.

What showed up in the debug concerned me more . Is it a bug? folders I had gotten rid of were being referenced in the library scan EVEN THOUGH i HAD DONE A LIBRARY CLEANSE IN BETWEEN.

Code:
19:37:54.377 T:2104 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner::Process directory 'smb://TOWER/TV/House Of Cards (2013)/' does not exist - skipping scan.

case in point - was removed from library early on, and should not be referenced at this point.
Had a question but found the issue...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library not scanning updating tv show.0