Which box?
(2017-10-27, 17:35)rykr Wrote: How does the beelink or the minix u1 comare to a Raspberry pi 3 running LE?  Or even how does the generic S905X boxes like the tx3 pro or the Mini M8S boxes compared to RP3?

I've got a RP3 now running LE 8.1.1 and my wife sometimes complains about buffering or audio/video sync issues.  Wondering if these S905X boxes will help.

I've got a RPi2 and I don't get buffering or sync issues, so I don't think the processing power of the box is the problem. I've also got a Beelink MXIII II (s905x) box. I don't really care which one I use unless I'm watching hevc-encoded or uhd video (for which the Beelink is the only option). Maybe more demanding people than me could pick a winner. Buffering sounds like a network issue.
(2017-09-22, 23:19)nickr Wrote:
(2017-09-22, 05:46)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2017-09-22, 05:40)wrxtasy Wrote: Amazon I would think due to ease of faulty hardware returns if there was a problem.

But MINIX pretty much sell everywhere. Just make sure if looking at the U1, you get a package with the MINIX A2 lite Mini Keyboard Wireless remote.

Basically you get what you pay for. Dirt cheap usually does not equal long term reliable. As I said depends on how much you like to gamble and how willing you are to spend money to get something really decent. Something you know "Just Works"

Working out of the Box - the Vero 4K is a very good option, especially if living in the UK or Europe.

OSMC Vero 4K Media Streamer Review

Or buy 2 Beelink boxes Wink
And probably regret it.

doubt it, if your running LE on them.. they are all the same minus WIFI performance, s912 with 1000m lan for 40$ is the way to go these days if your looking for a budget box that meets your req.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Beelink mini MXIII II 2gb is no longer available anywhere. Good luck finding one.
(2017-10-28, 15:23)Tstrbl Wrote: @joe_sun

My problem was embarrassingly simple to solve. I hadn't pushed the mSD in far enough so the card couldn't be read each time I tried to boot to LibreElec. Had to push it in all the way with my finger nail, not intuitive at all. Nevertheless, it's now properly inserted and working.

I wish that had been the case for me but yeah, they DON'T make it easy to get that mSD card in there. I don't have much in the way of fingernails so it wasn't pleasant cramming the card in! Glad you got it working! I've been very happy with mine so far.
XBMC specs: MINIX U9-H LibreELEC 4K all day

Home Theater - Samsung 65KS8000 - Denon 3200- Ascend Acoustics speakers - Maelstrom 18in sealed sub 7cu ft - Behringer EP2500

UNraid Server – Pentium G3258 – MSI - H81M-P33 – Antec HCG-400M PS - 8Gb RAM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which box?0