Krypton 17 Windows 10 Problem?
when trying to install the new 17.5 Kodi on Windows 10 it says error opening file for writing and won't install is there any way to get around this or possibly to go to a restore point? thanks need some help here...
Kodi us still running probably so reboot and try again
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hello bleacherbum099

Just to confirm that this is the install file that is not running? Is this correct?

This could be caused by a few reasons, including
1. Microsoft Defender or other anti-virus halting the install process
2. You don't have permission to access the folder.

The exact wording, or even a screenshot of the message would be of more help.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It maybe user error on my part but this is what I'm seeing. program files from maybe a previous version that's not allowing me to re install. 

C/program files x/86
and then it says Abort/Ignore/Skip

on the setup.
The solutions are given
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sorry but that is of no help. I don't have enough context.

Please take a screenshot to start off with and post here... https://imgbb.com/ (no account required). Then copy the link back here.

It sounds like an operating system issue, but we will try to assist where we can.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yeah I'm sorry I'm of little help. Image

I'm bad at this. Hopefully this is a little more help. Yeah It's probably an operating system issue and would like as many as suggestions as you can think of.
Ah, now that shows a lot more information...

That one is beyond my knowledge. Hopefully others will be through soon that recognise the issue.
My Signature
Yeah Like I had a previous version and went to upgrade and i might've done something to the files but I dunno how to solve this issue.
when I click on the old version it says ERROR: in a similar picture unable create application. exiting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton 17 Windows 10 Problem?0