videos not playing...a final plea
well then hopeuflly in another 2 months xp will run on my computer. in the meanwhile, giving up winamp vs giving up xbmc? hmmm..i think i'll just give up xbmc for now and use mpc for now. also, for the life of me i cannot get used to os x so there is no way i'm switching to that just for xbmc. my productivty on os x falls around 80%.
i guess nobody cares about a lowly bootcamped mac mini owner with xbmc, but a slight update on this. With the newest version when i scroll to the videos in non-library mode, apparently the videos are being read as the thumbnail shows a frame from the video. but still when i play them i get blank video. progress?

also another thing ive noticed in past 2-3 revisions, it started small but as the revisions ahve gone along the problem has gotten worse progressively. When i start xbmc, the opening logo has a very blocky halo ring around it. hard to explain, ill try to pull a screenshot, except my mac aluminum kb doesnt have a printscreen key. In the 3rd to last revision this was the only place where it occured. with the latest revision its on every screen, for eg on main men all pictures and shadows are surrounded by a ring of blocked graphics looks like a 16-bit image of sorts. again, im sure its my video card thats the problem, but just wanted to have this out there as it seems usability is jsut getting worse on my computer.
I have the same halo effect on my Windows laptop with ATI 9600 but only on the start logo. On my home PC with nvidia everything is fine. I think it's all about the ATI OpenGl drivers.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i have an intel 950, so i should have said "my lack of a video card thats the problem". but i guess its something sepcific to ati and intel 950.
I get the same result on my macbook.
nmirza Wrote:i guess nobody cares about a lowly bootcamped mac mini owner with xbmc, but a slight update on this. With the newest version when i scroll to the videos in non-library mode, apparently the videos are being read as the thumbnail shows a frame from the video. but still when i play them i get blank video. progress.

I don't have a MacMini, but I do have an AOpen Mini-PC which is similar in size and specs to the Mac, but has the latest Intel 965G Express chipset and GMA x3100 video. When I installed XBMC on it, I got the same thing as you, thumbnails that showed a video frame, but video playback resulted in a blank screen, with audio.

Last night I updated the GMA drivers to the latest ones on Intel's support site (Ver. 158 for vista), and I now have video.Wink

Playback is jerky, even though the realtime info says theat it's not dropping frames (actually it aways says it dropped 1 frame only), but at least there's video. Not very useable yet, but hopefully improvements will come soon as they did for the XBMC for Mac OS X.

Dudeman

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
videos not playing...a final plea0