Solved Split video question
I have one DVD rip that's is split,

I have tried the following....

Folder/filename -part1.ext
Folder/file name -cd.ext

And all it's other connotations....

I have enabled the split video setting in the media settings.
I have added the file stacking settings in advanced settings.xml

I have also read the wiki, and have followed bits in the forum too....

The video in question is still showing in Kodi as 2 separate movies, I would re rip the DVD unfortunately the DVD structure has this in two parts so Handbrake can only rip it into two separate files...

I'm at most confused, or is there something I've missed. I have tried this on libreelec, windows 10 and my Mac, so I'm now guessing I'm probably missing something really really stoopid!,,,,,
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
Hi tjay,

Just had a quick play with this. It is not something I use so a good excuse to experiment.

I set up as follows...

F:\Movies- Test - Scraped\The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

Kodi source is \Movies- Test - Scraped\
Movie folder is \The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

Inside the movie folder I have...
The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) dvd1.mkv
and
The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) dvd2.mkv

This on a fresh install so no advancedsettings and only default settings.

Scraped ok, and the library shows only one movie. Here is the debug log entry. Ignore the Errors, as the media files are just dummy files.

Code:
13:05:21.065 T:5484   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [stack://F:\Movies- Test - Scraped\The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)\The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) dvd1.mkv , F:\Movies- Test - Scraped\The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)\The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) dvd2.mkv]

You can see that it recognised the stacking.

What is your setup for the files?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Quote:I have added the file stacking settings in advanced settings.xml

Wondering if you could go into settings>media>videos>combine split video items (under files, you might have to toggle out of basic setting mode to see this). Rescrape the file and check in information if the file has stacked. The file name-cd.ext the lack of a space shouldn't make a difference, but all my successful stacks have no space.
Haha, no problems. Glad its all working.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Split video question0